• Above the Tie H1

• Weber (ARC, DLC, or polished)

• iKon OSS

• iKon S3S

• Tradere OC

• Tradere SB

• Darwin

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was hard to choose before my ATT H1 or R1. Both deliver BBS shaves with smoothness. H1 requires concentration and extra care but can deliver BBS in one fewer pass. I voted for R1 because I don't need the same level o concentration for a smooth shave. Both are awesome.

In terms of the quality of razor and shave, which is the greatest stainless steel razor?

IMO a stainless steel razor should be 100% stainless steel. No plating. Plating misses the point, doesn't it?
I have a Feather AS-D1. If something ugly happened to it (see the 'I bleached my Feather' thread!) I wouldn't be able to buff it out. So I exclude that razor.
That leaves my Ikon OC. Great shave, great finish, versatile, and if I wanted to polish it I could do so without ever worrying about the finish.

IMO a stainless steel razor should be 100% stainless steel. No plating. Plating misses the point, doesn't it?
I have a Feather AS-D1. If something ugly happened to it (see the 'I bleached my Feather' thread!) I wouldn't be able to buff it out. So I exclude that razor.
That leaves my Ikon OC. Great shave, great finish, versatile, and if I wanted to polish it I could do so without ever worrying about the finish.
Are you sure that your OC is not plated?

Too late to vote, that is ok. I just went back to a safety razor after too many years and really hating the new breed of razors. I bought an EJ last week and am enjoying it. Not really knowing it was only SS plated I decided to buy a Weber (this started by me wanting a longer handle). I like the smooth texture of the EJ handle but will decide to keep either the Classic (most likely) or Bulldog Weber, I have not used one yet. I like things that are made to last, SS would be my choice and the price on the Weber is very good and more than adequate for my need. Thanks for the information available here. Weber is not shipping the DLC now, I received the WRC, not sure of the difference.

This is a tough poll. who really owns the listed and not listed stainless razors? the investment would be well over a thousand dollars. I have a mild razor addiction, but no where near that bad.

My Weber PH with Classic handle gives me a perfect BBS almost every time and with a WS blade the only match is a Gillette Adjustable. Next choice is an ATT

Definitely need another poll. I would certainly go for the Wolfman which has become my daily driver!

Definitely need another poll. I would certainly go for the Wolfman which has become my daily driver!
A new poll is definitely needed. I still prefer my Weber to my Wolfman.

I prefer Weber over ATT, Timless OC, Wolfman, Ikons.

But everyone knows the best razor ever made wasn't made of stainless steel. It was made of brass and gold plated, although mine has been replated in Nickel.

IMO too many new ones plus there seem to be two pre WW2 stainless steel razors that are not on the list. I have two pre WW2 CV Heljestrand stainless steel razors as discussed in another thread. So far as I know the existence of this model is undocumented but I have two of them as well as a virtually identical version made of nickel plated brass. The SS version of the CVH razor is not mentioned in Waits Compendium. Compared side by side and with a strong magnet the differences in material are quite obvious. The CVH is a wedge blade single edge razor that can also use Gem blades. There is also the Watts Service razor, apparently a real rarity. It is a DE razor that takes standard DE blades. A very different looking DE design.

This poll was previously posted, but it's been a while since then and there have been many newcomers to the field. I feel that another poll will offer more accurate results since the Stainless Steel razors are getting rather popular.

In terms of the quality of razor and shave, which is the greatest stainless steel razor?

Explain:
Agreed. No Wunderbar, no Timelss and no PAA DOC. This poll is valueless, because it's hopelessly outdated.

When is someone going to make an Edwin Jagger DE89 in stainless steel? That to me would be my ideal.

For now, I'm learning how to use my recently acquired ATT M1. I get a better shave with my EJ DE89 currently, but I'm secretly hoping it's just because my technique with the ATT is not down yet...

Honestly haven't tried other stainlesses than my beloved AS-D2. So can't vote but just express my uninformed opinion that with the Feather my RAD for modern razors is dead on arrival :a46:

Last edited:
IMO having every single razor listed in the poll my choice for the greatest would be the Detroit Grooming Alpha stainless. I have been using the Detroit for two weeks now and just cannot put it down.

Top Bottom