What's new

Greatest Guitar Players Ever

I'll also throw in they while people may view him as "pop", he should get a more blues tag as John Mayer puts on a great live show. His new album is awesome (see "Walt grace's submarine test")

I'll also throw in they while people may view him as "pop", he should get a more blues tag as John Mayer puts on a great live show. His new album is awesome (see "Walt grace's submarine test")

I liked his first cd quite a bit, but couldn't bear to hear "Your Body Is A Wonderland" ever again. Technically, JM is great guitar player (with a nod to Berklee School of Music.) I know Jimi never attended. Agreed on Santana. What an awesome, amazing player. You can tell its him by the first note! Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac) was a major influence on Carlos who covered Peter's "Black Magic Woman". Listen to Greeny's "The Supernatural" on John Mayal and the Bluesbreakers' "A Hard Road". Anyone who has never heard Peter's playing owes it to themselves. He's that good.

Mark Knopfler!
$Mark-Knopfler-Dire-Straits-Guitar-Birthday-August-12-a.jpg
As I am maturing I have come to realize that great guitar is not playing a million notes per second by touch and emotion. Mark has that.

I would have to say Zakk Wylde is my top I love his stage presence and play style but with him his and one of my personal insperations is the late(and ever so great) Randy Roades.

+100% this

How did it take a page and a half to get to the right answer. I got the fortune last weekend of seeing Zakk Wylde and Slash play together.

Randy was a god though, sadly he had to go home early.

I'm pretty certain, without reading the whole thread, that he wasn't mentioned before, so I'll do it. Stuart Adamson, guitarplayer and lead singer with Big Country. Sadly though he already isn't with us anymore, but what great songs did he leave us!!

I saw B.C. play on a bill with Echo & The Bunnymen. Stuart and Bruce Watson had the ebows going and they almost sounded like bagpipes. They were a great 80's band and "The Crossing" still remains a favorite from that era. r.i.p. Stuart.

That only one person in this thread mentioned BOC's Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser ......
Well it just ain't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
‪‬...Segovia was already mentioned... But I thought I'd also bring a bit of a mixture in...

Paco Peña‬
David Russell
‪Ottmar Liebert

Top Bottom