What's new

Great time to be a wet shaver

I have been wet shaving for almost 30 years. In the past, soaps and creams were hit or miss. Some great, some bad, most somewhere in between. For the past year or so, it seems everything I buy is great. The new artisans do a fantastic job. Names I had never heard of- Oleo, Eufros, Ariana & Evans, Tallow & Steel, and many more- are as good as it gets. It’s a great time to be a wet shaver.

Yes indeed! Much better than even a few years ago: tons of high quality options are available today! :a29:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
We are spoiled for choice these days which is fantastic for us. For our fathers and grandfathers they did not have much to choose from, plus our dollar these days seem to go further. We are very lucky indeed.

I agree. There are just so many options for all aspects of a shave. It can be overwhelming at times ...just too many choices. I have been trying to narrow down my kit lately...not easy.

It seems like everyday there is a new and undiscovered soap maker that I learn about here. I will go to their sites and check them out and start reading reviews to do research, and then I’ll make some mental notes and move on. To say we have options is absurd!

My biggest fear is that the razor blade mfgs are going to catch on and start jacking the rates up of blades just like they did with their carts. But I could be wrong.

I will say as someone new to wet shaving, it sure seems like high quality products are everywhere and anywhere

Top Bottom