What's new

Great Simpson customer service experience

I have a number of Simpson brushes from synthetic to Super Badger and have never had issues with bristle loss until my last brush, a 57 in Best Badger. A bristle lost here or there is to be expected, but this 57 was trying to carpet my bathroom with bristles.

I contacted Simpson via email and Mark was very patient with me and asked me to first try some maintenance procedures to see if that would help. I did and it did not so they had me send in the brush. Today in the mail I received a new replacement brush and a tin of their shaving cream with their compliments.

That folks, is how you do customer service! Thank you Mark and Simpsons!

I'm pretty certain it involved some shampoo and a comb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That is correct. They suggested doing the shampoo and brush 4 or 5 times over a two week period and by then it should be done shedding or it needed reknotting or replacing.

Mark did the same thing for me a few years ago. Good customer service. Simpson stands behind their products.

Unfortunately I didn't get that customer service when I had a lopsided knot in a Simpson Best badger brush.

But that was years ago so hopefully they have improved that side of the business.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice to hear. Simpson brushes are out if my league but one day I will be lucky. One day.

Friend of mine have a Chubby knot go out after 13 months. An answer he got from Simpson is "go f....k yourself, you are out of warranty". It's not the answer you expect from someone who stands behind his products.
Shame.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Even though you put it in quotes, I'm not inclined to believe that wording was used. Not saying it applies here, but how someone approaches a vendor can have an influence on how said vendor responds.

I’ve had similar good experiences with Simpson customer service as the OP described. I haven’t tried to replace anything bought outside the warranty period, however. Simpson does need to draw the line somewhere—they run a business after all. Mark has been a perfect gentleman in all my interactions with him.

Thanks for sharing the story!!

Great products combined with customer service is how to build a brand! :a29:

I’m always amazed at people who think that it’s wrong of a manufacturer to end a warranty when the warranty ends. Should a brush last more than a year? Absolutely. But if it lasts a year and not two years, that’s almost certainly not a manufacturing defect, but rather abuse by the user. That’s likely why Simpson is less generous With warranty requests after it has expired then manufacturers of many other products. As a general rule, I would say that any manufacturing defect with the shaving brush will expose itself within the first 30 to 60 days, so a one-year warranty is quite generous given that these are products that most people abuse and which are very regularly destroyed by that abuse.

Hair wears and breaks. Only by treating the brushes appropriately, and yes a little delicately, will they last many years of use. When you buy a brush not planning to give it that level of care, you’re not going to get a decade or more of service out of it. It’s not an issue of manufacture quality it’s an issue of it being a natural product that has physical limitations which the end-user can oblige or ignore.

I have 7 Simpsons brushes and the only shedder is a Berkeley 46B, which is also my travel brush, known to be abused with traveling damp or sometimes too hot water from hotels.

I know it is likely my fault, so I never complained with Simpsons about it. Still a great brush, though. It keeps producing amazing lathers even with probably half of the original hairs

I have 7 Simpsons brushes and the only shedder is a Berkeley 46B, which is also my travel brush, known to be abused with traveling damp or sometimes too hot water from hotels.

More likely mildew from insufficient drying, causes bristles to rot at the base.

Last edited:
Top Bottom