What's new

Great shave with TOBS Lavender today

I have been wet shaving just over 6 weeks. My first cream/soap was TOBS sandalwood. I got bit by the SAD and in a little over a month I have about 20 soaps and a few creams in the mix. Today I thought I would try the TOBS lavender I have. Wow! Lathered up so quick and easy with my Maggards 24mm synthetic. Plenty of glide and slickness. More than enough lather for 3 passes. I used a Timeless razor with 0.68 OC and Astra blade. Thayers with Lavender and Agua Lavanda Puig to finish up. The lather I was able to create with the TOBS has made me realize I have yet to figure out soap completely as I have only had a few soaps lather like this (Uncle Jon's comes to mind).

This cream will be getting used a lot more use this summer for sure.

I really enjoyed TOBS Lavender, excellent lavender scent with just a hint of citrus. Basically their entire line of creams performs the same for me, its just a scent preference from there. They do tend to lather very easily and be very forgiving for technique, and are stellar performers, so even with more experience I still keep them in my rotation. If you're looking to bridge into the soap realm, a soft soap or croap like Stirlings line are just the ticket. Still forgiving and easy to lather with just a tiny bit longer investment of time, and easier to learn on than some of the hard soaps.

I have been wet shaving just over 6 weeks. My first cream/soap was TOBS sandalwood. I got bit by the SAD and in a little over a month I have about 20 soaps and a few creams in the mix.

Well that got out of hand pretty fast... LOL... 20 already ?

I agree with you TOBS creams are pretty good.
Once you get an itch to try something new, Trueffit and Hill creams are just fantastic creams, assuming you find the scent you like.

TOBS makes good stuff. I got today their Hair Wax and so far love it. It is simple and effective to keep your hair in place :D.

I have been wet shaving just over 6 weeks. My first cream/soap was TOBS sandalwood. I got bit by the SAD and in a little over a month I have about 20 soaps and a few creams in the mix. Today I thought I would try the TOBS lavender I have. Wow! Lathered up so quick and easy with my Maggards 24mm synthetic. Plenty of glide and slickness. More than enough lather for 3 passes. I used a Timeless razor with 0.68 OC and Astra blade. Thayers with Lavender and Agua Lavanda Puig to finish up. The lather I was able to create with the TOBS has made me realize I have yet to figure out soap completely as I have only had a few soaps lather like this (Uncle Jon's comes to mind).

This cream will be getting used a lot more use this summer for sure.

Yes, I love their Lavender. Try the TOBS Peppermint for a menthol blast! Also, TOBS Avocado and Grapefruit are fantastic!!!

Wow, 20 soaps? Timeless razor? You are off to a great start! I've only ever had one TOBS, and that was Sandalwood. I was very happy with it, but I ventured into the soap realm after my tub was finished, and I haven't looked back. There are just so many fantastic soaps out there. Glad you liked the lavender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom