What's new

Great Performaing Budget Shave Creams

I might be alone in this, but I love the Derby tube cream. I have the Lavender, and it's great. Slick, smells great, good cushion. It's good stuff.

I'm also a fan of Derby Normal, though it isn't as cheap in America as it used to be.

The citrus cologne scent is very much misunderstood. I like how the cream is good at leaving skin soft, probably due to allantoin. It also lathers easily.

Nivea Sensitive shave gel in the can performs at least as well as the Nivea cream in the tube we get here at Target, and it's about a dollar cheaper. Post-shave is decent and it's acceptable for sensitive skin. Followed up with the matching balm, it really does a good job tackling razor burn.

I think it would be nice if Nivea offered shaving gel in a tube. It should be doable, as other companies such as Everyman Jack offer a light foam shave gel in a tube. In India, shave gel in a tube is the usual way this style of shave product is sold, and it would probably appeal to people in the US that regard cans with some disdain.

Last edited:
I love Speick lather. The scent wasn't for me. I wish I could separate the two. I also have great luck with Cremo and love it for touch ups after a shave with another soap.

I've been having some of the best summer-shaves of my life with 2:1 Proraso White and Green, with a pea-sized amount of Cremo Cooling Shave Cream added in for good measure. Set me back for less than $15 combined. Amazing values.
Add Cremo to anything & it improves the lather. I've been mixing 1:1 Cremo:Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin for a while & I use it to compare other soap samples - few measure up to the Cremogena blend shave quality.

My three favourite budget creams at the moment are speick, Godrej rich lather (the red tube), and Gillette pure. If they were all priced the same, I'd pick speick. Accounting for price I can obtain, I'll be using Gillette pure (1/4 of price of speick for I think 180ml vs 100ml).

Not too far off, I'll put derby lemon and Palmolive.

Next step down proraso green, Nivea sensitive, and Godrej lime.

My least favouriye, 'shave' brand. Poor lather, and it stinks all day.

I've got Karo on order, and wouldn't mind trying Lea and Dettol too.

Top Bottom