What's new

Great instant Coffee

I found this great instant coffee in my health food store. It is called Mount Hagen Organic Cafe. This stuff is not bitter. It is the best instant coffee I have ever had. It tastes better than most drip coffees (Folgers, Maxwell House, etc).

It even tastes better than some whole bean coffees that I have had. it is pricey, but still cheaper than buying by the cup on the street.

Wow, you're brave. One time I mentioned a Percolator and nearly got ran out of the place... :lol:

(I STILL USE IT HAHAHAAHAH :w00t: :lol: :w00t:)

Mount Hagen was named after my wife's maternal grandparents -- the Hagenmillers. Seriously! :biggrin: Or so she tells me. :bored:

Oh, and the coffee is fantastic -- for instant. My wife drinks it religiously as does her family back in Peru. They have Nescafe for the regular moochers, but the good stuff comes out for family.

Necroposting. Sorry.

Recently discovered Mount Hagen coffee. Probably the best of the instants I've tried. Great while traveling or camping.

The best instant I have ever had was in Chile. Week long fishing trip and we bought a container of Nescafe. The Nescafe found in the states has (had) nothing on the South American stuff. I don't know what it was, but man, was it good.

Kevin
American instant coffee is freeze dried. Instant coffee from south of the border is spray dried. Same for the famous Greek Instant Nescafe , it's spray dried, that's why the Greek Frappe works so well, water, sugar and spray dried coffee will whip up into a thick " cream " , perfect for frappe's and dalgona coffees....

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I need to try that Mount Hagen.

I don't travel or go camping without a jar of Medaglia D'Oro or a handful of Via packets. Those usually beat the heck out of what's available in a hotel room. When camping, it saves a lot of time and camp stove fuel. When I've gone backpacking, those Via packets are the epitome of luxury!

Not to be nasty or anything like that but instant coffee and quality are an oxymoron. If you think the instant is better than whole bean coffee you grind yourself it doesn't say much for the bean coffee you used.
Yet the entire rest of the world outside of the US drinks instant coffee, so maybe it isnt as bad as some might think.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I found this great instant coffee in my health food store. It is called Mount Hagen Organic Cafe. This stuff is not bitter. It is the best instant coffee I have ever had. It tastes better than most drip coffees (Folgers, Maxwell House, etc).

It even tastes better than some whole bean coffees that I have had. it is pricey, but still cheaper than buying by the cup on the street.

That is very good instant coffee.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Talk about freeze dried
This 2009 thread! I might buy a pack of mt h just as emergency backups

I am a coffee rhetoric and did not even start drinking it until I was scouting on camp outs at 40 +. I find the vast majority of real coffees taste woody or burnt

Bustello Instant Espresso is my go to on a daily basis. 200 ml of hot water over a heaping table spoon of the coffee and the same heaping tablespoon spoon of sugar. Add 1/2 and 1/2 in the kitchen, a heaping tablespoon of powdered milk in the field and enjoy.
That is all.

I used to drink Nescafé but now I just give my son a gift card from Sweet Maria’s and let him pick the beans to roast and send my way..

Still keep a small jar of instant in the cabinet just when I want a quick cup

linty1

My wallet cries.
I ran out of beans and am currently drinking instant until is new place near me opens up and I'll grab two bags, but its called UCC 113 (I also got the 114 and 117, not sure the differences) and its ok? Its got a smokey flavour to it, a little one note. The Mount Hagen is pretty ok? I tried this.. was it mushroom coffee? Or like.. no it was dandelion coffee, a few sample tubes I got. It.. wasn't coffee. It had a weird sweetness to it, almost herbal tea like. It wasn't unpleasant, and as a "hot drink" it was interesting, just wasn!t coffee.

As a business traveler, you never know how you coffee situation is going to be on the road. I always keep a couple of these on me for emergency.
854A991F-CE2C-4C2C-BAFC-84732A55A882.jpeg

I always have a jar of Medaglia D'Oro instant espresso around. I've never tried making a cup of the stuff plain, but it's great for baking, adding a bit to cocoa for a little more of a toasty note, etc.

Yep, I’m a fan too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom