What's new

Great first Blue Tip shave

This morning I shaved for the first time with my brand new (to me) immaculate 1956 Blue Tip.

Got it on the bay from a reputable seller, paid a sensible price but it was not the cheapest seen as I have been searching for a while to get a specimen in fine condition. The blue tip paint is 99% with only two very very minor nicks when you pay really close attention. The handle is 100% and the head 95% with great shine.

And wow, what a shave. I love mild shavers with my favourites being my Slim set on '3' and my beloved 58 Tech. Actually have been using my Tech over the last two weeks and enjoying it very much.

The Blue Tip is right up there in mildness and effectiveness. Same total easiness of carefree shaving and great maneouverability. In my collection I have two other Super Speeds, a 1965 Flare Tip (beautifully replated by Chris Evatt:thumbup1:) and a 1953 40s style. And to me the BT is way milder than the 40s and also milder than the FT. Quite milder actually, I think. I need to revisit my FT as I haven't used it for a while.

The razor model itself is beautiful and nimble, and the blue color really lights up my dedicated adjustable/Tech/SS stash box.

This Blue Tip is now definitely in my top 3 with the Slim and the Tech. And I have thankfully already been acccepted into the Brotherhood of the Blue Tip.

Happy days.

PS - While I was at it getting the Blue Tip I took caution to get another impeccable Tech as a backup :001_tt1:

IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Last edited:
Peter; Be sure to go to the Clubs and Brotherhoods section of the site and join the brethren there who belong to the Brotherhood of the Blue Tip. Oh blessed day...

That is a beautiful Blue Tip! I will pull mine out this morning thanks to your prompting Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Very nice specimen. I have two SS, one a flare, the other a 40s style. I love the comfortable, close shaves they give me. Enjoy your shaves! :thumbup1:

Very nice! My next razor purchases I plan are going to be a blue tip, a regular flairtip and a red tip. My attempt will be for them to all be from the same year too but we shall see how that goes.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your kind comments!

@mgbbrown: Thanks Tony and fear not - I am already since 22 hrs a member of the honorable society of the Brotherhood of the Blue Tip.

@imatabor: Thanks John, yes I hope my wife does not find out fully the amount of cash I have spent so far on my 16-18 beautiful vintages :001_unsur
I started out in adjustables, then moved on to Techs and Super Speeds as I found out I adore mild razors. And I have also racked up a few others like a fine Brit Aristocrat, a gorgeous Diplomat, a NEW, an OLD (actually 2, but 1 is beyond repair, was given to me) plus a few more. And just the other day I ordered a Pomco Slant, I have started to become interested in other brands than just Gillette. In Gillettes I am running out of other mild razors to get...

Cheers,
Peter

Top Bottom