What's new

Great Covers

Goodness, gracious! That one grabbed me by the collar from the first note and refused to let me go.

Derek is a monster player. If you like southern R&B ala Delany & Bonnie or Leon Russell, check out Derek and his wife Susan's band: Tedeschi Trucks Band. Stellar ensemble playing classic tunes. Their music fits like your favorite pair of jeans.

Maria McKee, one-time member of Lone Justice, covers Richard & Linda Thompson.
proxy.php

I'll jump on the Trucks' bandwagon, have posted this one before but it never gets old... is it a cover when it's your own song but you have a guest to lend a helping hand?

dave

IMG_0254.JPG
Trini Lopez 'If I Had A Hammer'. When Bob Dylan saw Trini doing folk tunes with an electric guitar, drums (Mickey Jones at the time, may he Rest In Peace) and the late Dave Shriver on bass it gave him the impetus to go electric. True story. Trini told it when I saw him 18 years ago. I'm a big fan. Have his signature guitar and probably a hundred or or albums and 45's on him and an autographed album on my wall. First album I ever had and still have is Trini Lopez at P.J.s I'm still trying to get his sound out that Barney Kessel he is holding. I know he is in there somewhere!

Last edited:
View attachment 865040 Trini Lopez 'If I Had A Hammer'. When Bob Dylan saw Trini doing folk tunes with an electric guitar, drums (Mickey Jones at the time, may he Rest In Peace) and the late Dave Shriver on bass it gave him the impetus to go electric. True story. Trini told it when I saw him 18 years ago. I'm a big fan. Have his signature guitar and probably a hundred or or albums and 45's on him and an autographed album on my wall. First album I ever had and still have is Trini Lopez at P.J.s I'm still trying to get his sound out that Barney Kessel he is holding. I know he is in there somewhere!
Nice piece on Mickey here.

Mickey Jones to talk Beatles, Dylan and more at Simi Valley gig

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mickey had a good career. Johnny Rivers stole him away from Trini then Bob stole him from Johnny then Kenny Rogers stole him from Bob. Then he did TV and movies. Trini replaced him with rockabilly drummer Gene Riggio after Mick. His drum set is at Hard Rock in NYC.
I'm not sure Kenny stole him from Bob. Bob was back recording with Levon and company when Mickey joined with Kenny.

I'm not sure Kenny stole him from Bob. Bob was back recording with Levon and company when Mickey joined with Kenny.

You are indeed correct. My mind gets some static from time to time. My photographic memory has difficulty due to a lack of film these days.

Top Bottom