What's new

Great Covers

Check out her CD, Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook, Love Reign O'er Me closes it out, i felt it's kinda weak compared to some of the tracks that proceed it.

Covering the former Mrs. M Davis

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of Patti Smith, last night started reading Horses by Philip Shaw. She's always done great covers but having said that her album of strictly covers was a big dissappointment.
dave

In the classic arena, my favorite is Johnny Winter's version of Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited".

In the punk-rock arena, I love Social Distortion's take on "Backstreet Girl" by the Stones.

Killdozer loved to run all kinds of songs, especially awful '70s pop, through their meatgrinder.
No layer of BS irony, just the Killdozer treatment.

Speaking of Johnny Winter, this band just kills! tiny stage, great interaction, great performance, unbridled joy! Saw him spring of that year at Maple Leafs gardens, big stage, little tiny people so far away...

Allowed to cover your own stuff with someone else's band? Truncated but still powerful stuff!

dave

Two Dylan covers that favorite bands of mine absolutely nail. I love these songs, but I am not a fan whatsoever of Dylan

The Gaslight Anthem - Changing Of The Guards

The Airborne Toxic Event - Boots Of Spanish Leather

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

For a moment I thought Ann Wilson had eaten Nancy. She can still belt it out, though.

And Jimmy Page isn't kidding anyone- he's nuts. I went to school with a girl who turned her car into a shrine to Jimmy Page. It was plastered with over 5,000 pictures of him inside and out.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I Will Survive by Cake
Runaway be Bonnie Raitt
All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix
Little Wing by Derek and the Dominos
Almost anything by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Top Bottom