What's new

Great Canadian Travelling Box #2 (aka CTB2)

The CTB is a nice break from formulating my own shaving soaps and creams. Being my own guinea pig, the face has been taking quite a beating lately so I went back to using a PSO today - lavender scented tea seed oil. With that as a base I slipped a personna platinum blade into my razor and lathered up with the Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream. What a shave, the cream lathered more readily than most I think, with a delicious genuine lemon scent too. DFS, no irritation and my face feeling nourished afterwards. (Perhaps due to the PSO, must try the AK by itself alone tomorrow to verify.) Finished with the MB unscented winter aftershave balm - a half decent but uneventful concoction full of goodness but me, I'm looking for more of a bracing effect!

The second run at the Acca Kappaa was equally pleasurable, leaving a conditioned feeling even without the use of a PSO. It smelled less lemony the second time around, maybe because I am getting over a sinus cold. I read that it's almond. I don't smell that at all though - can sinuses make a man scent 'blind'? As I understand it there are a few different formulations out there. Anyone have insight into which one went into the Box?

All 3 of the final participants have declined the box for various reasons and Terry, who is out of the country has charged me with closing out the contents. Any thoughts on what to do with these goodies (while keeping the process relatively simple)?

Inventory:

A/S
  • 200ml Brut Original
  • 200ml x 1/3 Brut Splash
  • 100ml Aiken "Tea Tree Oil" Toner
  • 100ml Aiken "Tea Tree Oil" Moisturizer
  • 100ml x 1/2 Nautica Voyage EDT
  • 50ml x 1/2 Homme Nature EDT in nice bottle
  • 25ml Aiken Tea Tree essential oil neat
  • 236ml x 2/3 Pinaud Clubman ASL
  • Mama Bears Winter unscented ASB nice bottle x 1/3
  • 125ml tube Clinique Cream Shave (brushless?)
  • 10ml Dermatological ASB
  • 75ml The Body Shop Arber ASB
  • 50g x 1/2 OXY Acne Fighting ASL
  • Full bottle Old Spice ASL original
  • 23 ml Fusion Thermal Face Scrub

Frags

• 6 decants from Stink and Stain
  • 5 West Indies
  • 10 assorted decants

Hardware

• "Top Flight" straight razor and strop
  • TTO DE razor (mechanism jammed)
  • Schick razor (SE?)
  • Assorted blade samples, lots of variety

Mystery

• "Midnight Rose" substance in a twist-up
  • aqua-coloured blue gel substance

Shaving Soap

• miscellaneous unlabelled soap pieces
  • slice Crab Tree and Evelyn Sienna
  • slice Crab Tree and Evelyn Nomad
  • unopened tub Col Conk Almond
  • Arko Shave Stick
  • Palmolive Shave Stick
  • Trumper Eucris
  • Williams
  • Tiny samples labelled P160, Cayman, Esquire, Cella
  • slice Kent "Woolfat"

Shaving Cream

• Almond scented cream soap unlabelled
  • Trumper violet cream sample
  • Unlabelled cream sample
  • 75ml x 1/2 Old Spice lather shave cream Fresh Lime
  • 50g x 2/3 Godrej
  • 75g x 2/3 Speick Lavender
  • ~50g Acca Kappa 1869
  • 0.5oz QCS "Old Spice" type

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
It's a sad thing that the bottom fell out of this box (both actually). Hopefully this won't stop a CTB-3 from starting up somewhere down the road, perhaps limited to a smaller number of participants.

Kudos to Terry for starting it up and thanks to all who took the time to provide insightful reviews.

I would suggest a starter kit PIF. Someone lucky Canadian/Canadien could really get going with a razor, blade, soap, AS from that haul. :biggrin:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
All 3 of the final participants have declined the box for various reasons and Terry, who is out of the country has charged me with closing out the contents. Any thoughts on what to do with these goodies (while keeping the process relatively simple)?

Inventory:

A/S
  • 200ml Brut Original
  • 200ml x 1/3 Brut Splash
  • 100ml Aiken "Tea Tree Oil" Toner
  • 100ml Aiken "Tea Tree Oil" Moisturizer
  • 100ml x 1/2 Nautica Voyage EDT
  • 50ml x 1/2 Homme Nature EDT in nice bottle
  • 25ml Aiken Tea Tree essential oil neat
  • 236ml x 2/3 Pinaud Clubman ASL
  • Mama Bears Winter unscented ASB nice bottle x 1/3
  • 125ml tube Clinique Cream Shave (brushless?)
  • 10ml Dermatological ASB
  • 75ml The Body Shop Arber ASB
  • 50g x 1/2 OXY Acne Fighting ASL
  • Full bottle Old Spice ASL original
  • 23 ml Fusion Thermal Face Scrub

Frags

• 6 decants from Stink and Stain
  • 5 West Indies
  • 10 assorted decants

Hardware

• "Top Flight" straight razor and strop
  • TTO DE razor (mechanism jammed)
  • Schick razor (SE?)
  • Assorted blade samples, lots of variety

Mystery

• "Midnight Rose" substance in a twist-up
  • aqua-coloured blue gel substance

Shaving Soap

• miscellaneous unlabelled soap pieces
  • slice Crab Tree and Evelyn Sienna
  • slice Crab Tree and Evelyn Nomad
  • unopened tub Col Conk Almond
  • Arko Shave Stick
  • Palmolive Shave Stick
  • Trumper Eucris
  • Williams
  • Tiny samples labelled P160, Cayman, Esquire, Cella
  • slice Kent "Woolfat"

Shaving Cream

• Almond scented cream soap unlabelled
  • Trumper violet cream sample
  • Unlabelled cream sample
  • 75ml x 1/2 Old Spice lather shave cream Fresh Lime
  • 50g x 2/3 Godrej
  • 75g x 2/3 Speick Lavender
  • ~50g Acca Kappa 1869
  • 0.5oz QCS "Old Spice" type

Post 1 updated!

Guys, keep in mind that if the box is sold, it needs to be done properly and where it should be (i.e. not in this thread). It cannot be an auction either, auctions are prohibited as per TOU.

The other day I realized that I was running out of DE blades and was not able to buy any anywhere in the KL areas of Malaysia. Then it dawned on me that the boxes might have some blades leftover. I believe one of the boxes got sold already. What became of the other one? I am really desperate for some more DE blades if anyone can help me out. Thank you.

I think both boxes are sold, I have a traveling box here started by James. What type of DE blades are you after Terry?

I think both boxes are sold, I have a traveling box here started by James. What type of DE blades are you after Terry?

Oh that's great news. I'm glad someone was able to start another box after these two. I must admit they were a lot of work but thankfully the generosity of the wet shaving community made it easier to fill them up.

In regards to your question, any DE blade will be fine. It cost quite a bit to order them online and ship to Malaysia so I was hoping to get a few by regular mail. They blades can be taped to the inside of a card and sent using a single postage stamp! Just send me a PM and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

Top Bottom