What's new

Great Canadian Travelling Box #2 (aka CTB2)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The box has arrived! I'll post some pictures later on so you can see what's in it and I'll have a couple of reviews this week.

Just wanted to update you that it is indeed here.

Post 1 updated

$F1NOU.jpg
This morning's shave was Arko and Canadian Brute. Arko is really a terrific stick. Pretty sure I tried it in the last box too and enjoyed it then. I also really like the scent of it. The Canadian Brute was nice, went on hot, nice scent. I grabbed a sip of coffee from my wife's cup and she said I made it taste like man smell so that's something... lol

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That Brut is actually made in Mexico unless it changed in the past 6 months.

That Brut is actually made in Mexico unless it changed in the past 6 months.

I'll check the bottle again, maybe it's made in Mexico but there was certainly Canadian markings on it. Will check and confirm later tonight.

Still waiting to hear from Hometownhero (not holding my breath tho...) about a possible hand off of the box when I'm in Saskatoon this weekend for a weightlifting meet, otherwise I will ship it off to the next guy.

Munxcub, did you find that Brut had anything over the Old Spice? I like having a bottle or two of the mass made splashes around and am due for a new one. Not sure what I would get with the Brut...

What do you mean by had anything over? They felt/performed about the same (which is to say goes on hot, leaves face feeling nice), but the fragrances are completely different. I could see having both on hand. I'd say the Old Spice beats it on longevity of scent (I splash mine all over for a frag experience, heh)

$AMvOI.jpg
I know I said I'd box it up early this week (and it's now Thursday) but I noticed the next guy on the list is just down the road where I'll be this weekend so am hoping for a hand off...

So today I went with the German Palmolive stick, and the nivea balm. This is a nice shave stick, smells good, mild and soapy. It lathers up really nice, probably better off the bat than the Arko, but didn't quite fill my brush as good as the Arko. Not sure if it performed quite as good as the Arko stick either. But still a damn fine stick if you're into that kind of thing.

The Niveo balm confirmed my observations from the first try, face feels great, no greasy/sticky feel, no scent, no BS balm.

I wonder if people in colder climates enjoy shaving more? Seems like there are more participants in the central areas of Canada where it's much colder this time of year than on the west or east. Any comment. So are both boxes accounted for now?

I think they are Terry, I have one, and Malaspina has the other. I am still working my way up the list trying to get the address of the next participant who still exists around here...

I think they are Terry, I have one, and Malaspina has the other. I am still working my way up the list trying to get the address of the next participant who still exists around here...

i passed on KYOTO (going down)...sorry. i still exist and am quite active on here, just not ready for another box right now.

i (as was Penmanship) only expecting 1 box. and with so many other items on the go right now, we declined this one.

Okay I used the Cella yesterday (sorry guys but I don't shave as often). I quite enjoyed it. Nice lather, slick and great protection. The scent, well, let's just say not to my taste.

I'm going to box this up and get it on it's way right away. Since I only shave once a week it's not really fair to you guys who are wanting and needing some reviews.

Thanks for letting me be involved with this.

Cheers

$2uvl4.jpg

So here are all the box contents. Had to dump it all out so I could repack it to fit in the box. Will try to get it out today at lunch, otherwise tomorrow. This pic doesn't really do it justice... those 2 white containers are PACKED with soap and frag samples, shave sticks, etc...

Not sure about colder climates enjoying more. I lived in Alberta when I first picked up wetshaving and now live on Vancouver Island. I must say I enjoy it immensely more now that I'm on the coast. I often wonder how much the relative humidity contributes to my thicker easier lather. Can't wait for the arrival!

Not sure about colder climates enjoying more. I lived in Alberta when I first picked up wetshaving and now live on Vancouver Island. I must say I enjoy it immensely more now that I'm on the coast. I often wonder how much the relative humidity contributes to my thicker easier lather. Can't wait for the arrival!

I enjoy shaving at home with a water softener WAY more than when I'm elsewhere and the water is hard. That hard water is terrible for lather and how my skin feels after.

I enjoy shaving at home with a water softener WAY more than when I'm elsewhere and the water is hard. That hard water is terrible for lather and how my skin feels after.

I agree with the hard water, my inlaws cabin south of Edmonton is nearly impossible to get a nice lather and have your skin feel remotely good after. Good thing they brought a water cooler out now. Father in law always glares at me using the drinking water for shaving though haha.

Top Bottom