What's new

Great American Made Boots, You Gotta Love Them

Bought these full leather and leather lined boots here in Denver, from an old Western Wear and Boot Shop on South Broadway, unfortunately long gone, after the infamous Thanksgiving 1983 massive snow storm here that clogged our roads, sidewalks, everywhere for a very long time. I cannot remember the manufacturer... they could be original Wolverines, maybe someone knows.

20191201_104111.jpg
They still fit me like a glove, treat with Obenaufs, before that, Lexol. I wear them regularly whenever we have snow and this season so far, been worn a lot. The sole is a gum type, very grippy original Vibram that is incredibly long lasting. These boots are almost thirty seven years old. Kudos to old world American Workmanship. They were fairly costly back in 1983 and I got my money's worth, that's for sure.

20191201_104121.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They still look pretty good for their age. You certainly did get your money’s worth and they are still going.

Double checked closely... they are in fact Wolverines. The boots just simply power on, through all the shoveling of the snow, wear them anytime I need protection from the wet and cold. Btw, they are also insulated. The only other pair of boots I still have that are older is a pair of Luccheses, that fit me like a glove, also fully leather lined, bought in 1979.

20191202_032643.jpg

20191202_032653.jpg

I've got a couple pair of Red Wings... they take a while to break in, but once they do, they truly are as comfortable as a pair of slippers!

Bought these full leather and leather lined boots here in Denver, from an old Western Wear and Boot Shop on South Broadway, unfortunately long gone, after the infamous Thanksgiving 1983 massive snow storm here that clogged our roads, sidewalks, everywhere for a very long time. I cannot remember the manufacturer... they could be original Wolverines, maybe someone knows.

View attachment 1039704They still fit me like a glove, treat with Obenaufs, before that, Lexol. I wear them regularly whenever we have snow and this season so far, been worn a lot. The sole is a gum type, very grippy original Vibram that is incredibly long lasting. These boots are almost thirty seven years old. Kudos to old world American Workmanship. They were fairly costly back in 1983 and I got my money's worth, that's for sure.

View attachment 1039705

Great boots!!

I have an old pair of Red Wings that will last longer than I will!!

Not American made but Italian( I think) I have a pair of Vasque heavy rockclimbing boots I purchased back in 1972 that are still in great shape. I was in Turkey while in the USAF and we would go pig hunting out in the mountains and wearing combat boots of the day I would slip and slide on some of the rocky trails and slopes until I got those boots. They had a stiff Vibram sole, and well padded around the ankles and over the instep with a padded tongue and flaps from each side overlaying the tongue. Nowdays I reserve them for cold weather although they are not touted as cold weather, insulated, with most of the padding they are fairly well insulated except for the immediate toe area. The leather is a rough out type and is still very soft after nearly 48 years.

Top Bottom