What's new

Grating Soap Tools

I bought a grater similar to what they use at Italian restaurants where they put the cheese in and just turn the handle. Works great for me.

+1 on box cheese grater. Also I've seen many recommend freezing the soap first then grating. I didn't when I did my grating job and I can see how freezing it would make it easier.

proxy.php

This is what I use. And, for softer soaps I do freeze them.

Cheap grater has always worked fine. I've meant to get a rotary or a nice box grater, but I haven't got around to it.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Thanks everybody! I think the rotary grater is a great idea. I was going to use my box grater but SWMBO caught me looking at it! She said she'd pick up another one if I want. I got a puck of tonsorial Williams from CBLINDSAY I wanna press into a vintage Williams bowl I'm restoring.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but what would be the purpose of grating a soap?

Many purposes.

• To make a shave stick out of a soap puck.
  • To fit a puck into the proper container. At times, the puck can be too large or too small and it did not come in a tub or container.
  • When you have little pieces of sticks you can grate them and combine them to make a shave stick or put it into a container.
  • To convert shave sticks into a puck.

Last edited:
Will grating improve the latherability of difficult soaps?
I have some Trumpers rose tripple milled soap on the way and have found out the new formula is considered to be difficult to lather.

Will grating improve the latherability of difficult soaps?
I have some Trumpers rose tripple milled soap on the way and have found out the new formula is considered to be difficult to lather.

I don't know that there is a consensus, but I have found that grating a puck allows me to load more product, which is always a good thing for my lather.

Top Bottom