What's new

Grassy scents-recommendations

When I was in college, the Gap sold a fragrance that was the scent of fresh cut grass. I didn’t like it at first but it grew to be a favorite of mine. “Grassy” is not everyone’s cup o’ tea and I’ve seen some on here clearly don’t prefer grassy scents. Either way, if you have a favorite grassy shave soap or after shave, or if you hate grassy scents and have some products you avoid because of it, I want to know. What do you recommend?

I get a lot of cut grass out of Chiseled Face Summer Storm as well as petrichor.

I’m not a big fan of Port-au-Prince because, to my nose at least, the lemongrass gives a funky undertone at the beginning. I do love the vetiver that remains though.

I get a lot of cut grass out of Chiseled Face Summer Storm as well as petrichor.

I’m not a big fan of Port-au-Prince because, to my nose at least, the lemongrass gives a funky undertone at the beginning. I do love the vetiver that remains though.
The funky undertone might just be the sheep base scent pushing through. Funny enough the lemongrass notes from my sample seemed to have dissipated as I hardly notice it anymore.

Hmmm...I'm not so sure about the ammonia part of that.
In all fairness, it reminds me of something that puts me in the mind of ammonia, not the chemical itself. My baseball playing son really likes it. I do not dislike it; it is a fun novelty scent. Not unpleasant, but different.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
St Charles Shave's Fairway has a brilliant grass scent; but it's unobtainium now. I have an unopened bottle of the aftershave and a brand new puck of the matching soap. I'm hanging onto them until the unobtainium price gets ridiculously high, at which point I'll donate them to the B&B St Sue auction. Next year, most likely. It makes sense that their proceeds would go to the St Sue NBCF charity. After all, she sold the soap and splash to me.

A very mild Spanish unisex "family cologne water" is Heno de Pravia (literraly "Hay of Pravia"). Imagine fresh laundry hanging out to dry with the lawn just mowed that morning.

This is sold inexpensively in huge bottles and is intended to be splashed on liberally after showering. It has a high alcohol content. It lingers fairly briefly before gradually fading away. It will linger somewhat longer on clothing. People will think you "smell nice".

proxy.php

I find Stirling Glastonbury to be a dank grassy and patchouli scent. And very strong.
I’m a little wary of Patchouli after my time living in San Francisco. Smelled it a bit more than I liked around Haight Ashbury. But it could blend well with other scents. May have to try

I looked up petrichor and it sounds like it might scratch that itch. I’ll have to find a sample.

Top Bottom