What's new

Grapes and Fruit Loops?

I received my order of Catie's Bubbles soaps yesterday and I wanted to post a quick review. The scents I got are Knee High to a Grape and Boucles Fruites (Fruit Loops). These are croaps, similar in consistency to Razorock or Maggard's with great scents, the grape being my favorite of the two. I shaved with grape this morning and it was wonderful. A light grape smell like a grape soda with wonderful lather. The lather is thick and creamy and very slick and the aftershave feel is very nice as well. I should mention that these are 8oz containers and they are packed to the rim with soap so they should last a really long time. In my opinion you can't go wrong with these soaps.

Thanks, Jason. The Grape sounds intriguing; I've really come to like Stirling's Black Cherry.

The Fruit Loops, not so much. :biggrin:

From what you say about the performance, I guess I have yet another brand to try.

Thanks, Jason. The Grape sounds intriguing; I've really come to like Stirling's Black Cherry.

The Fruit Loops, not so much. :biggrin:

From what you say about the performance, I guess I have yet another brand to try.

The Grape is one of my top 5 scents I think. It was a nice shave this morning.

Thanks Bloozepicker, I went directly to Catie's website and saw everything she offers. I've read good things about Maggard Razors and I'll give them a look too. One thing I already like about Maggard is they are in Michigan and orders should get to West Virginia pretty quickly.

Almost Heaven.......almost.

I received my order of Catie's Bubbles soaps yesterday and I wanted to post a quick review. The scents I got are Knee High to a Grape and Boucles Fruites (Fruit Loops).

The very first time I visited the Catie's Bubbles website, I was tremendously amused by the Boucles Fruites soap. Fruit Loops are a guilty pleasure for me -- lots of sugar and empty calories -- and it's probably healthier to shave with them than to eat them. But I resisted the temptation to order a tub, despite all the positive comments I've read about that line of products. Now, if Catie's Bubbles sold a sampler pack the way Tiki and B&M do, I would absolutely have ordered a set right away just for the curiosity value of a breakfast-cereal-scented soap. As it is, I will certainly be trying Catie's Bubbles soaps at some point (when I have room in the medicine cabinet for yet another product).

Catie's Bubbles also makes a Bailey's Irish Coffee soap (it's not on their site right now but it's in stock at Maggards). Between that and the Fruit Loops, all they need is Bacon & Eggs and they'll have a complete breakfast.

Yep I do think of Fruit Loops with the 4711. Catie's Bubbles looks like real winner. I hope the Italian Barber stocks it at some point as I'm taking hit on the shipping charges buying all these great soaps south of the border.

"Fruit Loops" sounds kind of like how RazoRock's XXX smells to me. Maybe she should make a "Sweet Tarts" scented soap for that perfect Aqua di Parma clone.

Almost Heaven.......almost.

Good one Tony. John Denver made us famous (sort of) in his recording "Country Roads".

Other mottoes are: Mountaineers are Always Free (official)

Vernacular: West "By God" Virginia and "The Switzerland of America"

All of us find it amusing there are so many people who think we are still part of Virginia whereas we were created by Abraham Lincoln and congress in 1863.

Last edited:
Top Bottom