What's new

Grapefruit Scented Aftershave and/or AfterShave Balm: Recommendations Needed

My recent purchase of the new TOBS Grapefruit Shave Cream now has me seeking Grapefruit scented AS Balm or complementary scents. Your recommendations are appreciated.

You could contact Matt at QCS and have a custom made balm put together for you. Last year I had Lemon/Pomegranate put together.

I used the TOBS Grapefruit cream this morning followed by Aqua Velva Musk. SWMBO and I thought it paired up pretty well.

The Shave Den store offers Pink Grapefruit as a scent you can get in an aftershave splash or milk.

Nice! Cheers for that. Have you tried their aftershaves (or has anyone else for that matter)? My splash AD is coming back with a vengeance now that it's heating up outside.

Nice! Cheers for that. Have you tried their aftershaves (or has anyone else for that matter)? My splash AD is coming back with a vengeance now that it's heating up outside.

Yes I have both the Lime and Lemon AS Milk from Shave Den. I prefer the Lime. Its very much like the scent of Castle Forbes Lime AS Balm but quite a bit cheaper. As with almost all citrus scents however,it is very transient and disappears very quickly. But I'm very pleased with their product,

Craig

I have tried their Iced Subzero, Iced Cedarwood, and Almond AS splashes. All top notch, the Subzero is cooollldddd!!!

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I made my own aftershave balm last night using four drops of tea tree oil, 13drops of grapefruit oil, about 3oz. of aloe vera jell, a sliver of menthol, and 2tsp. of olive oil. I'm going to try it today.

HoneyBee Soaps makes a Japanese Grapefruit scented soap, called Yuzu. I think she also makes aftershaves scented to match.

TOBS Grapefruit is one of my favorite creams. I don't have a grapfruit AS so I either use Dr Jon's Hydra (grapefruit, mandarin, other citrus) or Soap Commander Inspiration ASB (Japanese grapefruit). Neither really smell like the pure grapefruit of the cream though, but yhe do pair up very nicely.

Soap Commander does qualify Inspiration by calling its Yuzu "a unique blend of grapefruit, mandarin, and tangerine."

The yuzu in reality is not a grapefruit, though it is a sour citrus.

I get definite grapefruit with Stirling's Margarita's in the Arctic...
If you like that menthol kick in the face sort of thing with your grapefruit.

Top Bottom