Grandpa’s Brush

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Acmemfg, Jun 14, 2018.

CBB0A1AB-A95D-4A74-AABA-85551D694B08.jpeg F8123078-2CA6-4C66-85A1-B5091501A2A3.jpeg 7AE54DC1-5669-4B00-922F-706AAC72002A.jpeg
    Before restoration....ow!!!
    68F4BE53-9E18-4078-9E5F-B2676BCF0D81.jpeg
    After a face lift by Rudy
    EFAEDF86-F65A-4D70-BDDF-3422946A0068.jpeg After having it for sometime with the original (horrible) knot, I decided to finally put my Grandfather’s Ever-Ready 600 into play. The knot was a mess. So after trying unsuccessfully to get it out (and almost destroying the brush in the process) I turned the job over to the professionals. A trip up to Rudy Vey...short time after, here is the end result. This is one of Rudy’s Manchurian knots; excellent in all aspects. I am proud to say I now have another bit of family history in the den.
    Grandpa was a well respected master craftsman. His skills as a mechanic, tool & die maker, and machinist were well know back in the day.
    These pictures go back to the early 50’s-late 40’s. Grandpa is the wrecker driver and the guy behind the wheel of the antique fire truck which he no doubt worked on restoring. He was truly a great Grandfather who, along with my Dad, I will fondly remember this Father’s Day.

1. martym

martym Contributor

Very special

2. A special brush and a great story.

3. Beautiful!

4. Nice story. Nice Rasiermesser too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. WONDERFUL! :a29::a29:

Thanks for sharing the photos!

6. Mick

Mick Contributor

Nice piece of family shaving history you can continue to enjoy

7. Fantastic pictures and a great looking brush.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

8. Great story, enjoy the brush. Heirlooms are specials.

9. emwolf

emwolf Contributor

nice!

10. ackvil

ackvil Moderator

Nice story and, as usual, nice work by Rudy Vey.

11. Claudel Xerxes

Claudel Xerxes Moderator

Beautiful brush and a wonderful history! That's awesome that you were able to not only have your grandpa's brush, but able to use it as well.

12. Congratulations on the beautiful brush, & more importantly, congratulations on having a great dad & granddad!

13. Nice sentiment for Father’s Day!

14. sarimento1

sarimento1 Contributor

Awesome!

Hopefully you can pass it along to family of your own one day, along with the photos!!

15. Bob L.

Bob L. Contributor

Excellent story, great pictures, and a fine brush!