What's new

Grandpa Soap Company Pine Tar bar soap

First go with a pine tar soap..

In your experience, is the scent of this brand about the same or different than other brands of pine tar soap?

Not disappointed, just not at all what I was expecting. Not sure if I'm sold on it yet.

Is this scent typical of pine tar soap?

My son thinks it smells like a frozen pizza after it's cooked. I can see that.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I grew up using Wright’s Cold Tar soap. Later in life much to my surprise I found a lot of people can’t stand it.

This particular pine tar soap is perhaps more on the smoky, campfire end of the spectrum with regard to scent. It is also perhaps less heavily scented than some other offerings which I attribute to a lower concentration of pine tar. I have used an artisan pine tar soap with 10% pine tar content that smells much more pungent and piney/medicinal than the Grandpas. The Packer's pine tar soap is also more aromatic and leans towards a coal tar scent. In my opinion the Grandpas soap is the gold standard of pine tar soaps by which all others are measured - after sampling others I do tend to view it as a very gentle soap formula with a smidge of pine tar content to offer some fragrance and possible skin benefits.

Top Bottom