What's new

Grandfather left me this razor

Hello all, I’m new to the B&B community. Everyone has been so helpful and the wealth of knowledge here is astounding!

I could use some assistance in identifying this Gillette left to me by by grandfather.
Date Code: L2
Made in England
Thanks in advance, I haven’t been able to find one in my online searching yet. Have a great day!
DA6EA286-07DA-47BD-923F-F6592BC75744.jpeg

4F284BC4-BF69-4B51-8B95-0A0254ADC4BE.jpeg

C6BFB1C7-816E-4C92-9FA6-70373B0F8195.jpeg

9719D664-17E7-4E6A-BFE5-86C2ADCCA618.jpeg

R

romsitsa

Hello, this is the last version of the Slim twist family, also the last european Gillette TTO, from 1991 (L2). Iirc it was a G1000 if sold without blades or G2000 with a pack of 5 blades.
The Knack was only made in the US, with a longer neck and shorter handle than the British Super Slim twist.

Adam

Really cool to have your grandfather's razor. I wish that I had my Grandfather's razor but it's long gone and unfortunately, I don't know much at all about what he used to shave with.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's a sweet heirloom @Jmp63 ! Get after it with a toothbrush and some hot soapy water and see if that baseplate still shines under all that crud.

Congrats and welcome to B&B!!

Hello, this is the last version of the Slim twist family, also the last european Gillette TTO, from 1991 (L2). Iirc it was a G1000 if sold without blades or G2000 with a pack of 5 blades.
The Knack was only made in the US, with a longer neck and shorter handle than the British Super Slim twist.

Adam
Thank you kindly! Much appreciated.

Really cool to have your grandfather's razor. I wish that I had my Grandfather's razor but it's long gone and unfortunately, I don't know much at all about what he used to shave with.
I’m very excited to have been given that razor. Looking forward to cleaning it and shaving with it!

Congratulations!

Dawn and/or Scrubbing bubbles, then you will be able to enjoy your family heirloom!! :a29:

Hi,

Su-Perb!!

And, here is your Official Invitation!

Not that anyone needs to wait for an invitation. All are invited who use anything passed down to them! :)

Stan

Hi,

Su-Perb!!

And, here is your Official Invitation!

Not that anyone needs to wait for an invitation. All are invited who use anything passed down to them! :)

Stan
Good evening Stan, thanks so much for the invite! I will be sure to check out the heirloom users club!

It's been said by others, but I don't want to pass up the opportunity to add my voice in to say it looks great and even better that it was your grandfather's. Something for you to pass on to your descendants. Congratulations!

Top Bottom