What's new

Grammys

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Madonna certainly looks like Satan. Yikes!

"Ay, que fea!"

"Que demonica!"

"Hope she doesn't EAT all those adopted children."

View attachment 1602001

Lot of water - make that oceans - under the bridge since "Lucky Star."

AA
th-3234658920.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy could have saved a bundle on make-up artists.

View attachment 1602001

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Madonna certainly looks like Satan. Yikes!

"Ay, que fea!"

"Que demonica!"

"Hope she doesn't EAT all those adopted children."

View attachment 1602001

Lot of water - make that oceans - under the bridge since "Lucky Star."

AA
I really don’t understand why the aging ‘famous’ think that this ‘look‘ is more attractive than the natural aging process. It is always immediately obvious when someone has had ‘work’ done.

I really don’t understand why the aging ‘famous’ think that this ‘look‘ is more attractive than the natural aging process. It is always immediately obvious when someone has had ‘work’ done.
Aging graciously is not for everyone, specially for rich, famous, entitled, tasteless people.

even some that aren’t even old yet have disfigured their naturally beautiful faces/bodies. A shame really. But that is just a reflection of what their whole lives actually are: just a facade.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Shoot, I remember when Madonna was a female still, and before all this satanic makeover nonsense.

"We get it, you're evil, so what, who cares." Just don't eat those Malawian kids.

AA

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I think I have achieved some kind of breakthrough in that I do not seem to care anything about the 2023 Grammys.

Back in the day, we watched the Oscars and that was it. Johnnie Carson was a good host. But then we lost interest and never found a reason to watch those pointless shows.

1675803643337.png

I'm an old curmudgeon... I know it... I do like some "modern" groups.. but

I think 90% of the music put out in the last 20 years is simply crap

Non-binary person dances with a trans-woman in a satanic ritual performance called ‘unholy’ and they expect I’ll be watching? No thanks.
Yeah, I hear you there. I admit I had not watched much of the show when I first posted. Kim Petras is a lovely woman. And I do not want to body shame anyone, but good heaven's Sam Smith seems to have let himself go. And Satanic ritual seems about right. I guess I am not within the Grammys' target demographic either.

The Tonys cover Broadway and do a good job of it. If someone doesn't care for Broadway that's fine but shouldn't blame the Tonys.

The Oscars cover movies. In the past they pretty much just covered big budget, big studio productions but lately seem to be doing a fair job of branching out into Indie films etc.

The Grammys OTOH, seem to be focused on "superstars" and divas who don't need additional recognition since they are on the top of the charts anyway. Thus the awards seem to confuse popularity for quality.

Though I did have a chuckle when Samara Joy won best new artist.

As to trans artists being on stage, that's the modern equivalent of long hair and smoking dope. Civilization will not crumble.

The Grammys OTOH, seem to be focused on "superstars" and divas who don't need additional recognition since they are on the top of the charts anyway. Thus the awards seem to confuse popularity for quality.

Though I did have a chuckle when Samara Joy won best new artist.
Me, too, re Samara Joy. Also, they gave best song to Bonnie Raitt. Have always loved BR, but do not think of her as very 2022.

As to trans artists being on stage, that's the modern equivalent of long hair and smoking dope. Civilization will not crumble.
Good point! Although the long hair and smoking dope on some level were the cool kids. The hipster crowd. One could argue that on some level everyone wants to be cool. I will never be convinced that everyone wants to be Sam Smith. Or, for that matter, Harry Styles, although I think your point is very well taken with him. I did love Prince and he played the ambiguity card for a long time. The theater kids seem to have taken over! No one really thinks the theater kids are cool, even the theater kids, although I do have lots of love for them!

Me, too, re Samara Joy. Also, they gave best song to Bonnie Raitt. Have always loved BR, but do not think of her as very 2022.

Good point! Although the long hair and smoking dope on some level were the cool kids. The hipster crowd. One could argue that on some level everyone wants to be cool. I will never be convinced that everyone wants to be Sam Smith. Or, for that matter, Harry Styles, although I think your point is very well taken with him. I did love Prince and he played the ambiguity card for a long time. The theater kids seem to have taken over! No one really thinks the theater kids are cool, even the theater kids, although I do have lots of love for them!
As to BR, I felt identically in 2001 about Steely Dan (over Eminem).

It is a bit amusing to observe folks who proudly rebelled against "the man" in their youth wringing their hands in their mature years at the antics of "those kids".

As to BR, I felt identically in 2001 about Steely Dan (over Eminem).
Perfect example! I had forgotten that one. Over the Marshall Mathers LP, of all things. Over Beck, too, as I recall. Midnight Vultures, I guess. Not my fav Beck album. The SD album Two Against Nature. Wikipedia says it was a popular and critical success. I do not know about that. I owned that album and hated it. I love Steely Dan and have seen them live a couple of times in the past four years or so. I do not recall them playing a single cut from Two Against Nature. I could be wrong. This win was referred to at the time as "revenge of the baby boomers."
It is a bit amusing to observe folks who proudly rebelled against "the man" in their youth wringing their hands in their mature years at the antics of "those kids".
I guess I am amused at myself about this.

Perfect example! I had forgotten that one. Over the Marshall Mathers LP, of all things. Over Beck, too, as I recall. Midnight Vultures, I guess. Not my fav Beck album. The SD album Two Against Nature. Wikipedia says it was a popular and critical success. I do not know about that. I owned that album and hated it. I love Steely Dan and have seen them live a couple of times in the past four years or so. I do not recall them playing a single cut from Two Against Nature. I could be wrong. This win was referred to at the time as "revenge of the baby boomers."

I guess I am amused at myself about this.
The Steely Dan win clearly was for their "body of work", not for Two Against Nature. Or maybe because Aja was passed over.

As to the album, they commonly play Cousin Dupree in concert (it's on some live albums).

The Steely Dan win clearly was for their "body of work", not for Two Against Nature. Or maybe because Aja was passed over.
I have not doubt. But I dislike that kind of make up for past mistakes action by award organizations. I do not think the Grammys should get to say to someone who really had the best album of the year that they do not get best album because the Grammys need to make up for past errors. The Grammys could just do a lifetime achievement award! I am a huge SD fan, especially as to Aja and Gauncho.
As to the album, they commonly play Cousin Dupree in concert (it's on some live albums).
You know, when you say that it seems to me maybe SD played that at one of the two shows I saw relatively recently. But at least one on-line source says the last time it was played in concert was 2011, and while it was played in concert fairly often in 2000, after that its frequency fell off quickly. Of course, I do not know how often SD toured in those years. Basically, a novelty song to me. A nice groove, but I frankly can't get past the pervy lyrics. Thanks for your thoughts.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Seemed like the Grammys were being intentionally obtuse! Might as well give Sinatra a Grammy for rap. Give Adele a Grammy for reggaeton.

"And the Oscar for best real-life material for next year's documentaries goes to ..."

1676060181280.png

Annie Lennox is older than Madonna....but you'd never know it. She's stunning and always has been. All natural from what I know too. I fully believe Madonna had the chance and look to do the same, but that ship has long sailed now.

rsplus-news-annielennox-thumbnail.jpg

94cc8554e35c0df53f0eaca2e65ca320.jpg

As for the Grammys...I didn't even know they were still around.

Last edited:
All natural from what I know too.
It is always immediately obvious when someone has had ‘work’ done.
My wife always tells me that I would be very surprised and that most women of means have had work done. I tend to believe her. Maybe not massive work like Madonna. If I were a woman, I would sure consider getting touched up. Heck, I should consider it as a man, although going back in time is not going to be all that great anyway!

I like and respect Annie Lennox, too. But I just Googled images of her. Hard to tell from what year a particular photo was in order to compare, but I would guess she has had some work by a competent physician. Again, nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned, unless we are talking about Madonna scale stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom