What's new

Grail gun

I really enjoy single action revolvers. One of the guns I've been questing for is an early flattop Blackhawk 357. Came back from vacation last week and the boss handed me one. He bought it off a customer who claimed it had been in the family since new. No one in the family was interested in revolvers anymore. The boss stashed it out of sight of the rest of the staff knowing I was looking for one, he should not be able to sleep at night for the price he gave for it. My cost was $525, with the store making it's normal 20%!!!!

Now if he could find me an early Super Blackhawk...

Flattop 1.jpg
Flattop 2.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nice. I enjoyed my .44 Mag replica Navy Colt I had around 1990. First round down range always stopped others shooting for a few seconds. :)

You're going to really like it!

I got a deal on a three screw one a few years ago and lucked into a steel grip frame to put on it. Among my favorites. It's cosmetically average but mechanically wonderful.

I have several lol. Fortunately a couple I have now. What's left is a Fulton m1carbine. Vuudoo(sp) 22. Maybe a chiappa 357, a birdshead ruger 327. A three screw super Blackhawk ruger I sold and maybe the retro Mossberg 590 or the regular 590a1.

My grail gun is a Colt Delta Elite in stainless
I have a Delta Gold Cup. Probably made the mistake when I had a beavertail grip safety fitted, and not liking the wrap around grips, cut the front connecting piece off, then later adding some custom rosewood grips with King Gunworks medallion, as my last name also is King.

Stupid maybe but I can't find a really nice one....

Remington 870 Wingmaster Trap/TB/TC with really nice wood

Estate sales, and Rock Island auctions...........tons of cased and safe kept guns. You have to look there, and then gun broker. Tons of 870 wingmaster's out there with gorgeous wood, you just have to sniff around and when the time is right, don't hesitate. I had a buddy who wanted a Blaser F3 and waited and waited, came across the right one, and dragged his feet and lost out, come to think of it, he hasn't been the same since.

For me it's this
1630367900685.jpeg

Perazzi MX8 case colored and hardened 34" inch barrels choked .20 and .20 left hand stock, grade 5 turkish walnut and my initials engraved on the bottom of the receiver with two lighting bolts.

Also it has to be a Type 4 fore end, Schnabel shape wood fore end and left hand palm swell. Drop out coil spring triggers, NO SAFETY/Auto safety deactivated.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Estate sales, and Rock Island auctions...........tons of cased and safe kept guns. You have to look there, and then gun broker. Tons of 870 wingmaster's out there with gorgeous wood, you just have to sniff around and when the time is right, don't hesitate. I had a buddy who wanted a Blaser F3 and waited and waited, came across the right one, and dragged his feet and lost out, come to think of it, he hasn't been the same since.

For me it's this
View attachment 1319881
Perazzi MX8 case colored and hardened 34" inch barrels choked .20 and .20 left hand stock, grade 5 turkish walnut and my initials engraved on the bottom of the receiver with two lighting bolts.

Also it has to be a Type 4 fore end, Schnabel shape wood fore end and left hand palm swell. Drop out coil spring triggers, NO SAFETY/Auto safety deactivated.
Well that is a beauty!! As to the auctions and such, I find it difficult to buy things I can't see in person, and NY makes importation (say, I find something in another state and want to bring it home) impossible. With the rampant wood swapping on older 870 TB/C versions I really need to see the gun in person before dropping cash.

we get alot of Lugers in at the gun store I work at part time for trade, we have taken in some real legit WW2 SS guns before and they were snatched up very quickly.

I agree the grail gun is the one that you don't own yet.

I hate this rifle!
...no, I love it too mutch that I can not use it..and that`s bites me.
Only test fired VALMET M76 / M83, 7,62NATO (308Win)
My friend give it to me. This guy was a Gunstore owner, and he has canser..and die:c17:
Before that happens, he give this Valmet to me. I`m not a collector, but this rifle is similar that my service rifle was, only bigger caliber.
Is there Valmet lovers ?
valmet (1).jpg
valmet (6).jpg
valmet (7).jpg
valmet (8).jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I hate this rifle!
...no, I love it too mutch that I can not use it..and that`s bites me.
Only test fired VALMET M76 / M83, 7,62NATO (308Win)
My friend give it to me. This guy was a Gunstore owner, and he has canser..and die:c17:
Before that happens, he give this Valmet to me. I`m not a collector, but this rifle is similar that my service rifle was, only bigger caliber.
Is there Valmet lovers ?
View attachment 1328119View attachment 1328121View attachment 1328122View attachment 1328123

That would be a very nice thing indeed to have!

And a good puuko, an M39 and a Finn Luger ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A Finn Luger!? What's that, never heard, or do you mean the Lahti pistol? That I have shoot whit, pretty manish "woder niner"😘

Lahti, Suomi, there are many wonderful Finn firearms ... but I only have one with a Tikka barrel:

full

DWM made, perhaps, but definitely improved upon by the great Finn armorers. As with M39 ...

Relevant post: that probably IS my grail gun! :lol:

AA

Last edited:
Top Bottom