What's new

Gourmand Soaps

Is anybody a fan of gourmand soaps? What are your favorites? I'm familiar with lime and orange soaps but I don't know if they qualify as gourmand. I've seen pumpkin- spice soaps or soaps with prominent cinnamon or vanilla notes. The latter sounds interesting for this time of year. I think coffee or chocolate would be great in a soap. I've read good things about A&E Choco Cubano. I'd like to try that.

I do have Meissner Tremonia Strong & Scottish. That's an awesome peaty scotch scent. I don't use it often because I can't figure out what to pair it with. But it's a great smelling soap.

I liked A&E Apricity. It was very sweet smelling, but not offensive. A&E Cherry Pie I think is too much. It's sooooo sweet smelling. I prefer a milder scented soap. Even Haverford from Sterling got to be too much vanilla for me. They are fun occasionally but not as a daily driver. Except Cella. It's not what I would describe as a true gourmand scent. But it straight up smells like almond cookies or marzipan. And I love it.

I liked A&E Apricity. It was very sweet smelling, but not offensive. A&E Cherry Pie I think is too much. It's sooooo sweet smelling. I prefer a milder scented soap. Even Haverford from Sterling got to be too much vanilla for me. They are fun occasionally but not as a daily driver. Except Cella. It's not what I would describe as a true gourmand scent. But it straight up smells like almond cookies or marzipan. And I love it.
I'm not into overly sweet fragrances either, but Haverford (based on Tobacco Vanille) I love. It seems that A&E also has a number of gourmand soaps too like Peaches & Cognac.

I think Orange Chill should qualify since it's such a realistic pure orange.

I'm not into overly sweet fragrances either, but Haverford (based on Tobacco Vanille) I love. It seems that A&E also has a number of gourmand soaps too like Peaches & Cognac.

I think Orange Chill should qualify since it's such a realistic pure orange.
For sure with orange chill. I have never tried Sterling Margaritas soap either, I think that might qualify as well. Do soaps that smell like adult beverages qualify as gourmand? As I think there are quite a few.

PAA's Atomic Pumpkin, like you reference, is pretty amazing in my opinion. But I've shared some samples of that around and I know some of my friends won't be in the same room with it :). So it seems like gourmand scents are pretty polarizing, kinda love/hate.

A&E Choco Cubano, if you like chocolate, this has it in spades along with their excellent K2e base. On the vanilla front, ETHOS Vanilla Safi is the finest vanilla scent you'll ever put your nose to. Biggest drawbacks is its limited availability and price. Stirling Pumpkin Spice seems pretty gourmand and has me wanting a big bite of pumpkin spice quick bread.

I’m not much into gourmand scents. But the 2 that I like are art of shaving peppermint and the tobacco vanilla scents so far.

A&E Choco Cubano, if you like chocolate, this has it in spades along with their excellent K2e base. On the vanilla front, ETHOS Vanilla Safi is the finest vanilla scent you'll ever put your nose to. Biggest drawbacks is its limited availability and price. Stirling Pumpkin Spice seems pretty gourmand and has me wanting a big bite of pumpkin spice quick bread.
Two on my radar are Choco and Vanilla Safi. You're right, VS is pricey and then some, but Frank's soaps are spectacular. I have Mandarino Fumo, though I'm not sure if tobacco qualifies as gourmand. Maybe Red Man :biggrin1:

Two on my radar are Choco and Vanilla Safi. You're right, VS is pricey and then some, but Frank's soaps are spectacular. I have Mandarino Fumo, though I'm not sure if tobacco qualifies as gourmand. Maybe Red Man :biggrin1:
Keep your eye on BST. There were two sales of VS a few months ago at a good discount.

This thread has made me realize that I don't have any food scented soaps. I had Classic Shaving's Bacon soap at one time but my college kid liked it so I passed it along to him. It had a scent similar to maple syrup or something like that to me.

I guess the only thing I have in my collection now would be Stirling's Bergamot Lavender. I guess people can eat bergamot, right? 😉 It smells pretty nice but is lavender heavy. Hardly smell the citrus at all.

The closest I have is Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle (orange creamsicle). The only others are creams: TOBS Lemon & Lime, and Cella red, which smells good enough to eat.

This thread has made me realize that I don't have any food scented soaps. I had Classic Shaving's Bacon soap at one time but my college kid liked it so I passed it along to him. It had a scent similar to maple syrup or something like that to me.

I guess the only thing I have in my collection now would be Stirling's Bergamot Lavender. I guess people can eat bergamot, right? 😉 It smells pretty nice but is lavender heavy. Hardly smell the citrus at all.
Bergamot is used a lot in flavoring earl grey tea

Lots of great gourmond type scents out there depending on which side of the spectrum you are looking for. Cinnamon and spicy, vanilla, coffee, butter rum, strawberry, etc.

A few favorites:

GD Mallard
GD Chai Tea
Crown & Crane Barista
Soap Smooth Pumpkin
I Coloniali- (questionable as to being Gourmond)

Barista is their take on Maison Margiela Coffee Break. It sounds interesting; it's mostly a sweet, milky coffee shop smell from their description.

I finally broke down and ordered Choco Cubano. 'Tis the season for chocolate .

Last edited:
Top Bottom