What's new

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the problem is in some places back east. I have some relatives who still live in NJ. Both are over 65 and the husband suffers from Emphysema. They registered with the NJ system but have yet to be called to be vaccinated. And yet their son who also lives in NJ got his first shot two weeks ago! His younger brother is under 60 but lives In FL. He Has gotten both shots. Today my stepson age 50 and his wife age 38 will get their first injections!

It’s a mess, IMHO. Philly has its own program working directly with the feds. Each county has it’s own plans and the state is trying to mandate mass vaccination sites. On top of that, some pharmacies are getting direct shipments.

I think the technical term is a giant, um, CF.

Supposedly PA will open registration more broadly tomorrow. Then I can prowl everywhere, including Philly, to get my shot.

After my second yesterday, slept really badly last night, not sure why, and this afternoon got a stinking headache, probably as a result. My arm is slightly tender but otherwise generally knackered(!)
That sounds like my experience after my 2nd Pfizer shot this past Sunday. My headache wasn't too bad, but I felt drained most of Monday after a terrible nights sleep Sunday night. By Monday evening I felt better after drinking a lot of fluid during the day Monday. I should have started Operation Hydration after I got the shot on Sunday.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Had the Oxford Astra Zeneca first dose today, no ill effects so far. I was in and out of the vaccination centre in ten minutes.

It’s a mess, IMHO. Philly has its own program working directly with the feds. Each county has it’s own plans and the state is trying to mandate mass vaccination sites. On top of that, some pharmacies are getting direct shipments.

I think the technical term is a giant, um, CF.

Supposedly PA will open registration more broadly tomorrow. Then I can prowl everywhere, including Philly, to get my shot.
I hope it works out for you. Good luck, Bob.

Got ours yesterday at State Farm stadium yesterday. Quite the operation they've got down there. Easy in and out. Getting appointments not so much.

Got ours yesterday at State Farm stadium yesterday. Quite the operation they've got down there. Easy in and out. Getting appointments not so much.
That's where we got our shots as well- Glendale, AZ. Yes, the appointments were a pain to arrange; I ended up on the phone a lot and finally the third person I spoke to, who happened to be in Carolina, knew what she was doing and got us slotted in. The online system was awful, I spent hours trying to book an appointment, and each time a slot opened up it was gone before I could finish the required online questions. I hear the online system has been improved. The operation at State Farm Stadium is impressive and our first shots went great- in and out in 45 minutes. For our second shots on 3/12, at the same location, the volunteers we had were confused and didn't seem well trained; it took more than twice as long to get through the process. But, overall I'm pleased we got our shots and are now, at least in theory, fully protected.

I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer on Tuesday. It was quick, easy and painless. Really, the only painful part was the hour that I had to drive to find a place where I could get the vaccine. LOL
Im looking forward to getting my 2nd dose later this month and getting back to going out to bars and restaurants again. Ive been drinking at home and ordering delivery for the past year and its OK but Im looking forward to getting things more back to normal.

Second Pfizer a few hours ago. No effects knock on wood.

proxy.php

That's where we got our shots as well- Glendale, AZ. Yes, the appointments were a pain to arrange; I ended up on the phone a lot and finally the third person I spoke to, who happened to be in Carolina, knew what she was doing and got us slotted in. The online system was awful, I spent hours trying to book an appointment, and each time a slot opened up it was gone before I could finish the required online questions. I hear the online system has been improved. The operation at State Farm Stadium is impressive and our first shots went great- in and out in 45 minutes. For our second shots on 3/12, at the same location, the volunteers we had were confused and didn't seem well trained; it took more than twice as long to get through the process. But, overall I'm pleased we got our shots and are now, at least in theory, fully protected.

Yes, the online system has improved. My wife registered her son (he is an over-the-road truck driver and did not have internet access) in less than 5 minutes. I registered his wife at the same time. They got their first shots on Tuesday and had no wait at either the Phoenix or Chandler facility.

Last edited:
Got my second Moderna yesterday. Felt fine, aside from a sore arm, until I went to sleep maybe 6 hours after. I say, "went to sleep" lightly as I am strongly in the camp of, "didn't sleep well." Thought I was doing well, slight headache, a couple of body aches this morning. Decided I could work virtually and not be too bad. One workday, a fever over 101, and feeling like I tried to box a Yeti, and I am currently figuring out how little I can get off of my couch tonight.

Wife and I got our second shots of Moderna today. Here in North Florida it was a relatively simple process overall, smooth in some ways and off the rails in others but that's typical Florida and at the end of the day it happened and that's what counts.

The first I reacted fairly strongly to, Wife much less so.

For the second she reacted much more so far, I don't feel anything at all. Second dose supposed to be rougher. Go figure.

We've done our patriotic duty and we know now, hopefully, that we're going to survive this mess and that our kids or family won't have to go through the hassle and heartache of burying one or both of us.

Very much looking forward to vaccination being pervasive enough to stop the virus. Worldwide. Don't expect that to happen for another year at least.

Got my second Moderna on Friday. I felt a little "off" on Saturday but no fever. Sunday was better, and by Monday, I was fine. The LOTH gets her second Pfizer on April 10th.

That sounds like my experience after my 2nd Pfizer shot this past Sunday. My headache wasn't too bad, but I felt drained most of Monday after a terrible nights sleep Sunday night. By Monday evening I felt better after drinking a lot of fluid during the day Monday. I should have started Operation Hydration after I got the shot on Sunday.
Same here, felt a lot better yesterday after spending most of Wednesday dozing and drinking water. Went for wine last night so must have been OK(!)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm going to the back of the line. I tested positive on March 8th, and I have had good days, bad days, and worse days ever since!

I'm going to be seeing both my pulmonologist and my cardiologist in the next month, and will see what they have to say.

Today was a rough one. Dizzy, moderate body aches, lazier than normal, lol!

please put politics aside, and GET VACCINATED !

The guy who slammed into the barricade at the Capital and killed the policeman was part of a large anti-vaxxer group. I'm surprised that didn't get more coverage.

I got the first Moderna 10 days ago. I had to cheat to get in(I'm a 1b) and had to go to another county but I got in. No issues at all. The Health Dept is trying to schedule me for my first dose and there is no way to say "I've already done it" so I am probably on some outlaw list somewhere.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We kinda hit the lottery and were able to get our younger son the Pfizer spot on Saturday. It was one of those "right place at the right time" situations. One of the pharmacy chains around here got an allocation, and folks just weren't signing up. That's bizarre, because the demand is still very strong around here, especially since things are now wide open in the state. I guess word just didn't get out.

I'm still pretty blown away that it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom