What's new

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's a sensitive subject. We know people that desperately want it, and those that won't have it.

🤔 We decided to wait, despite my wife's greater risk (I work from home). We were on no lists, but one day we both got a text message from family MD, tell us us to report. I didn't believe it but it checked out.

Very smooth operation. Moderna, mild arm ache for a couple days. 65% efficacy after ten days! ✌

Despite greater side effects, looking forward to the second. I do feel mildly guilty that family members in poorly run states are at greater risk and still waiting. However.

One day while grocery shopping, somebody's kid just exploded a cough on me. The mother scolded, but I'd really rather not catch the bug for someone else's careless/stupid. I come up with enough of that on my own.

AA

I got my first one (Moderna) on Friday, 2/26. My second is scheduled for 3/26. My company arranged them at a small clinic since we deal with mostly elderly customers. I showed up 25 minutes early for a 4pm drive through. I had the shot within 5 minutes and, after a 15 minute wait in my car, was allowed to leave. My arm was very sore yesterday, but is much better today. Glad to get this started.

On an interesting side note: In Colorado we were scheduled to begin with 65 and up this coming Friday. I just turned 64. As I was driving home from getting my first dose, I heard on the radio that Colorado has reduced the age for this Friday to 60. If I had waited a week, I could have gotten the single dose J&J. The good news is that SWMBO will now be elligible in a week. We're both looking forward to getting out a little more!

The Mrs. got both of hers and is "good to go" but still wears a mask everywhere. She works as a cook in a nursing home, so she is considered essential. I'm looking at May...but so happy the Mrs. is good as can be

Most likely I will get an invite somewhere June/juli. Netherlands, 53, and depending the gov mood I am or I am not healthcare as a therapist. Well it could be worse I am allowed to work as an acupuncturist and ladies of the night are still not....

Nope and in spite of my age group and being deemed essential I suspect I'll get receiving it near the end of the year.

Shot one (Moderna) yesterday; shot two scheduled for 3/28. Very smooth; Kaiser Permanente (my health care plan) has 4.6 million members here in SoCal, but the whole thing went like clockwork. A few short lines, terrific people; the shot went into my arm the exact time of my appointment, which, considering how many people were there, seems remarkable.

Arm soreness is dissipating.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Acmemfg:
The Mrs. & I got both the Moderma vaccine...hope we don't have to take a third (3rd), shot. :001_rolle

proxy.php
"Vaccines are the tugboats of preventive health". William Foege

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
As maxwell smart used to say. I
Missed it by that much.
Had an opportunity to take a fill in appointment today. I was in until I was out. In the system. Then sorry you Are not in the system. Now it’s 2 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom