What's new

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the apparent increase in COVID vaccine inventories, and ability to access same, I put forth the question...who has taken the plunge so far?
Got ours this week. Walked in...walked out 15 minutes later. Scheduled for part II in 4 weeks. Only real adverse side affect(s) were (1`) A kind of a slightly loopy feeling for a few hours after the shot and (2) My arm STILL hurts. Not badly though.
Please...if you are gonna post here, remember the rules. This is nothing more but a "How's it going" thread. Kindly keep that in mind. Thank you.

I just became eligible in my state, but it’s been impossible to get an appointment. They’re releasing appointments a week at a time every Thursday, and after sitting in a virtual waiting room on the site for 4 hours all slots were full. Better luck next week?

Nope. My 84yo Father in law can schedule his on Monday and will get it sometime in March. Us youngsters in our 50’s in Canada are likely gonna have to wait until Summer.

That’s what happens when your govt allows US and International companies to acquire all of your big homegrown pharma. We have to depend on vaccines from outside of Canada so we are having challenges getting enough quickly.

I've signed up to be notified by Virginia when I can get it.

(Never been so happy to admit I have high blood pressure)

My wife got the Moderna vaccine as she works with special needs kids in school.

Her first dose she felt no side effects save a little arm tenderness the day of the shot and "COVID arm" a week later (small rash at the injection spot).

She was fortunate on the 2nd dose - she felt naseous for like 5 minutes that night but a few Advil every four hours that night and the next day and she was able to go to work. Several co workers had to call in sick the day after.

Excited to get mine.

Lucky enough to live next door to a senior's convalescent home, and they had a couple extra doses left in a bottle after all the residents and staff were covered so .....
Got the first dose 2 weeks ago, no side effects except a super sore arm the next day and then back to normal. Second dose is coming up next week, I hear that's often the one that people react worse to?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lucky enough to live next door to a senior's convalescent home, and they had a couple extra doses left in a bottle after all the residents and staff were covered so .....
Got the first dose 2 weeks ago, no side effects except a super sore arm the next day and then back to normal. Second dose is coming up next week, I hear that's often the one that people react worse to?
Yes, typically. Good to see they weren't wasted!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My health plan, Kaiser Permanente in SoCal, scheduled me for my first shot tomorrow. They even called yesterday to remind me.
I'm still waiting on the call. I'm kinda playing it by ear. Like a job interview, I'm gonna let them call me!

Did I ever tell the story about how I turned down a job 2x before I finally took it? Turned out to be my favorite job ever!

Got my first one about three weeks ago through the County Health Department with help from volunteers. It all went smoothly. Didn't even have to get out of the car. The vaccine is also available locally through the hospital, CVS, and the Indian Health Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom