What's new

Gotten Yours Yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "roll out" here in Australia has been a bit of a dog's breakfast. I am in the second category that is due next week but we are experiencing some issues around booking appointments. This is also complicated bt the fact that many clinc that are offering the vaccine have not been supplied yet. I just want to get on with it.
Second Pfizer shot is in my arm. I DO have to ask, what the heck is "a dog's breakfast?" I am not familiar with that idiom.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
From the urban dictionary

dog's breakfast
"dog's breakfast," which has been British slang for "a complete mess" since at least the 1930s. While no one took the time to write down the exact origin of the phrase, the allusion involved seems to be to a failed culinary effort, perhaps a burned or botched omelet, fit only for consumption by the mouth of last resort, Fido. As a vivid figure of speech meaning something so fouled up as to be utterly useless, "dog's breakfast" can cover anything from a play plagued by collapsing scenery to a space mission ruined by a mathematical error. "Dog's dinner," which seems to have appeared around the same time, means exactly the same sort of disaster, but has the advantage of being attractively alliterative. Both phrases are heard occasionally in the U.S., but are more common in the U.K. and Commonwealth countries.

From the urban dictionary

dog's breakfast
"dog's breakfast," which has been British slang for "a complete mess" since at least the 1930s. While no one took the time to write down the exact origin of the phrase, the allusion involved seems to be to a failed culinary effort, perhaps a burned or botched omelet, fit only for consumption by the mouth of last resort, Fido. As a vivid figure of speech meaning something so fouled up as to be utterly useless, "dog's breakfast" can cover anything from a play plagued by collapsing scenery to a space mission ruined by a mathematical error. "Dog's dinner," which seems to have appeared around the same time, means exactly the same sort of disaster, but has the advantage of being attractively alliterative. Both phrases are heard occasionally in the U.S., but are more common in the U.K. and Commonwealth countries.
Thanks, I absolutely love the concept.

Same here. Second Moderna dose today. Despite being in the first group allowed to get the vaccine, I was having trouble getting the first shot scheduled. It took an invite from Collier County to my employer last month to get shot number one. A bit of arm soreness was the only side effect. Waiting to see what tomorrow brings.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Finally got shot #1 (Pfizer) the other day after weeks of searching for an open appointment despite being at high risk due to age. Very slight soreness at the injection site, but that dissipated after a day or so. Did find myself unduly tired for several days, but that, too, quickly passed. No headaches and no fever.

I didn't realize "dog's breakfast" originated in the UK. We've been using it for years here (mostly in NYC), and it is very apropos of New York's fakakta (Yiddish. Google that one, as B&B will censor the definition)
distribution scheme.

Next dose is in mid-April--another 60 mile round-trip.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Finally got shot #1 (Pfizer) the other day after weeks of searching for an open appointment despite being at high risk due to age. Very slight soreness at the injection site, but that dissipated after a day or so. Did find myself unduly tired for several days, but that, too, quickly passed. No headaches and no fever.

I didn't realize "dog's breakfast" originated in the UK. We've been using it for years here (mostly in NYC), and it is very apropos of New York's fakakta (Yiddish. Google that one, as B&B will censor the definition)
distribution scheme.

Next dose is in mid-April--another 60 mile round-trip.

My experience has been pretty much the same as yours after first shot but my arm soreness was less and shorter period of time than after some flu shots.

I spent the first 35 years of my life in NYC, so I'm very familiar with the word "fakakta", and a few other Yiddish and Spanish words as well, but I can't type any here. Lol 😁

I really miss the different cultures and foods of NYC, plus a lot of other things, but quite happy here in Florida now.

Be well and stay safe.

Got my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday. About 6 hours later I had a slight fever 99.1 and injection site is sore. Muscle aches. This continued until I went to bed last night with a fever of 100.5 and more intense muscle aches. Took Ibuprofen before bed. I feel like I slept for 10 minute intervals all night. Just got up, still sore fever 99.1 and I am so so tired. I have a 5 hour drive home to make this morning and I am wondering how am I gonna stay awake? I am considering not shaving for the first time since I began DE shaving. Ugh

Hope you guys feel better. We were lucky with no reactions at all.
Thanks! About half an hour after I posted my fever went up to 101.1. I took Advil again and drank a bunch of coffee. I made it home fine and my fever is down to 99.6 and I am not so sore. I expect to be back to normal tomorrow. For now I am gonna take a nap. This is pretty mild compared to what Covid 19 must be like though. I would do it again for the peace of mind. I did shower and shave this morning but I didn't chase BBS. Three passes and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom