What's new

Gotta Say, Have To Humbly Admit About The Feather Super Professional AC Blades!

The Super Professionals as some know, are the scariest, super sharp blades many have EVER shaved with!

For the record, been shaving with the Feather AC Single Blade Razor for many years. My face has flourished with a lifetime of wet shaving and aloe Vera gel. I’ve nicked myself a few times, but nothing serious. Until six weeks ago…. 😳

I was shaving with the Supers when all of a sudden, in the crease between my lips and upper chin, on the curve of the chin, I inadvertently sliced the F out of skin and wowsa, it took everything to stop the bleeding. For the next few weeks, I didn’t shave, kept up a routine of applying CORRECT X, VITAMIN E AND ALOE VERA GEL.

Finally, started shaving and had to be VERY careful, still am, avoiding the area with the Feather now back to my Pro Guards. A light Mach 3 Blade over the area suffices for now. I bought a dispenser of Supers to try them and had gone through three blades with no mishap. Both the Supers and Pro Guards have given me great, close shaves!

The area is healing and I will have a slightly raised scar… but in the scope of life, I can accept this.

Bottom line, even with proper and excellent technique, the Super Professional Blades are unbelievably, wickedly sharp with no room for error. The mishap was my fault. This is my opinion and I’m going to stick with it. As with everything, YMMV. 😉

3F88A5FD-B67D-4F95-95BD-42E1C3499808.jpeg

I'm curious - what razor were you using with the Feather Super Pro blades? I use them in a RazoRock Hawk V3 and have yet to have any mishaps. I do find that the blade feel is more pronounced than I would like, but it's manageable and I get great shaves with it. That said, I'm considering buying a more aggessive baseplate for the Hawk and going back to the Feather Pro and/or Schick Proline blades.

I'm curious - what razor were you using with the Feather Super Pro blades? I use them in a RazoRock Hawk V3 and have yet to have any mishaps. I do find that the blade feel is more pronounced than I would like, but it's manageable and I get great shaves with it. That said, I'm considering buying a more aggessive baseplate for the Hawk and going back to the Feather Pro and/or Schick Proline blades.

Feather Artist Club Single Blade Razor… namely a straight razor and in my case an RG which I have used successfully for MANY YEARS! Your razor is totally different than mine.

Well I certainly agree with the OP. I have a preference for Pro Supers as they are slightly less aggressive and better suited to a heavier beard like mine.

Yes they do indeed like to cut skin more than hair. It taken a long time for them to mellow to the point where it is easy to shave with them.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use a Feather Artist Club DX with Feather Professional blades and it is a fantastic razor which rewards careful technique but immediately and savagely punishes lack of attention. It is without doubt the closest shaving razor I have ever used. I occasionally use the Feather Proguard blades, they are the exact same size as the Professional blades - 50mm by 8mm, but give just as close a shave. The slightly larger 50mm by 8.2mm Super Professional blades? No thank you 😆

In the Feather Artist Club SS the Pro Super is the only blades that work, just because the added exposure they provide. This enable you to use a more shallow angle with this particular razor.
Grate blade, but it takes no prisoners if you mess up. Sorry to rub it in:)

Top Bottom