What's new

Gotta razor

I have no idea when it was made, but step #1 is to stop letting it just sit around in a box, and have a shave with it!:thumbup1:

Nice!

Sorry can't help but I've got the same scales.

proxy.php

Albeit I have transplanted a Helje #31 in them :001_smile

That razor is garbage. I will happily cover the shipping to get it off your hands.....

The razor is so bad that you should have the op pay for shipping:lol::lol:

I have the same exact razor and it is a magnificent blade and pretty much my everyday razor. Takes and holds a super sharp edge. Excellent score.

I touched the edge up and tried the Gotta out, the shave from this is amazing. I think I will use this one as my go to razor. I had forgot that I even had this razor

Well if the manufacturer was only in business from 1925 to 1983, then we know the Razor was probably made prior to 1945 since it isn't marked West Germany (or did they always mark as West or East?) And possibly before WWII because of the lack of Nazi Insignia. Of course I know very little and am just deducing from very little knowledge of manufacturing.

Michael

Well if the manufacturer was only in business from 1925 to 1983, then we know the Razor was probably made prior to 1945 since it isn't marked West Germany (or did they always mark as West or East?) And possibly before WWII because of the lack of Nazi Insignia. Of course I know very little and am just deducing from very little knowledge of manufacturing.

Michael

I doubt it's that old. I'd say 70's era.

But that's simply a wild guess!

I can tell you exactly when it was made. But i'm going to need further inspection and that requires seeing it up close in person. So why don't you go ahead and ship it to me. Rest assured that once i have determined it's age i will ship it back to you :lol:

I purchased this razor in Brisbane Australia in 1959. I used it until 1969. I used to get it honed by the barber who happened to be cutting my hair that day. The reason I stopped was barbers started useing shavettes. Two months ago I purchased stones and honed it up. It was rusty with large chips from the rust. I started on a 360 DMT. It shaves surprisingly well. I am confidant I can get it on a par with my newer razors.

Top Bottom