What's new

Gotta Luv FedEx, eh?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Expecting a delivery that required an "indirect signature" (i.e., sign a release and tack it outside your door), I signed a release and tacked it outside my door. I came home to this:

20181011_165331.jpg

Nice dodge, eh?

20181011_174606.jpg

Don't get me wrong, now. I know driving a delivery truck is a cruddy job. I know these guys work under serious time pressure and that it is a demanding job. I have a friend who drives a delivery truck, and he sometimes does not get home until very late. I appreciate those who take these jobs, if for no other reason that I don't want it. However, that's why I cannot understand why someone who has the job actually wants to make it more difficult, because he or someone else now has to come back tomorrow.

He actually brought the box to the door and then took it back. That tells me that he wasn't just being lazy. He either isn't trained to recognize what was right in front of him or that he doesn't know what to do with it.

Good grief.

FedEx has been the worst delivery service around here. So much so that I will use any other carrier first.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
They contract with private services here for home delivery. Not FedEx employees delivering. May be a training issue.

They contract with private services here for home delivery. Not FedEx employees delivering. May be a training issue.

My first thought. If he is a sub-contractor he may have had it drilled into him to never leave a parcel requiring a signature no matter the case. Sometimes subs get thrown under the bus(truck in this case?) for maladies such as stolen parcels no matter what. Easier to term a contract than hourly employee. He may have been hedging his bets.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My mail carrier leaves “sorry we missed you notices” in the mail box when we are home. 3x now.
Just because he/she doesn’t want to drive down the driveway and knock on the door.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
My mail carrier leaves “sorry we missed you notices” in the mail box when we are home. 3x now.
Just because he/she doesn’t want to drive down the driveway and knock on the door.

This. Really burns my chaps.

But in our case it's a 25ft walk to our door from the curb...

DCB345CE-D5A6-4A27-84B9-3206642AE919.jpeg
I have an experience with another carrier that is bad as well. Arrived on my birthday. Thank goodness it was insured. Really mishandled.

Brutal isn’t it. Lack of care on anything is my only thought. Was packaged well. Just complete and utter disregard for other people’s belongings or no pride in the job. Over a month for the insurance to pay.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I had a talk with a customer service person, this afternoon. Very patronizing. I won't say that there will not come a day when I might enjoy a bit of such treatment, I can say that today is not that day.

They earned no points beyond the fact that the package was left at my door.

Yep, happens all the time with us. Driveway is less than 50 ft.

Worse is when the package delivery person leaves the package in the middle of the driveway or carport. Thanks, buddy, now I can't pull into my spot.

Not sure why any shipper chooses FedEX Smartpost. That's the FedEX service which is delivered by your local postoffice. Just send the package through the USPS. It's quicker and cheaper!

Top Bottom