What's new

Gots da blues

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Da gun cleaning blues.

1571967845169.png

All done. It's slicker than owl...snot...on a doorknob.

1571967975998.png

Glocks need no cleaning...or so I'm told.
Glad I tore into the CZ earlier this week; cleaning paid off there.
0ECB985F-4822-4291-B914-477B590A0B21.jpeg

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I clean my duty weapon every week on days off and the same for my concealed carry. I also clean my wife’s weapons and polish our boots.
Old habits.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Storm front came through, powers out, I may spend some time cleaning guns when the weather clears.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looked in the chamber of the Kahr PM9. Dirt!

Checked barrel. What the hey. Polygonal rifling, but ... skid marks!

I swear it's like there are two "me's." Who the heck put a carry piece away dirty?

Wasn't me ...

AA

EDIT: So yeah, another gun cleaned today.

I hate cleaning SKS', and .22 revolvers, but who doesn't? The Kahr didn't take 15 minutes ... sheesh.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Looked in the chamber of the Kahr PM9. Dirt!

Checked barrel. What the hey. Polygonal rifling, but ... skid marks!

I swear it's like there are two "me's." Who the heck put a carry piece away dirty?

Wasn't me ...

AA

EDIT: So yeah, another gun cleaned today.

I hate cleaning SKS', and .22 revolvers, but who doesn't? The Kahr didn't take 15 minutes ... sheesh.
People clean .22 revolvers?

Crap!

I am in the other camp. I shoot alot, but rarely clean. I actually have a few guns that I have never cleaned....Sure, I wipe them down with a protectant after use that's not really cleaning.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
If it’s a Glock, the dishwasher will clean them for you. ;)

A guy I worked with would throw his stainless 1911 in the dishwasher. Didn't seem to hurt it. We just called him lazy.

I've only had one that I had to do some MAJOR cleaning on, an old .38 Colt revolver that apparently the previous owner didn't due much cleaning to it and had shot a lot of lead bullets. I finally had to put some Kroil and J-B bore compound on a bronze brush and scrub the hell outa the barrel to get it to shoot accurately. Works fine now, and I got a good deal on it when I bought it.

Next time you need to get the leading out, wrap a piece of Chore Boy copper scrubber around an old bore brush. The lead will come out quickly...That is if you don't have a Lewis Lead Remover.

No damage. Copper is softer than steel. I believe Chore Boy works as well as the Lewis remover. The Lewis Remover includes a fantastic forcing cone cleaning attachment, though

I have used it in lots of revolvers and a 1911 or two.

I use Chore Boy in my .22 benchrest rifle when accuracy falls off. I learned it will take out stuff a brand new copper bore brush will fail to get.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Next time you need to get the leading out, wrap a piece of Chore Boy copper scrubber around an old bore brush. The lead will come out quickly...That is if you don't have a Lewis Lead Remover.

Now I remember...I used the Kroil and J-B on a Lewis Lead Remover instead of the brush. That tight fitting Lewis did a lot better than the brush...had to size the screen by pulling it through the cylinder first or it was too tight to go through the barrel. I also have some Chore Boy...just be sure they are the solid copper ones...it says on the label.

I tried the Lewis a few times with just cleaning fluid...didn't work. Had to apply the J-B to the brass screen and that worked. That was a long, drawn out job to get that lead fouling out...might be why the guy sold it. His loss. My gain.

Top Bottom