What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

yes and you will be seing me in more of the *otd threads here once my jas-etea order comes in..

and atm its not tea but im getting wired off of some french press.

A+

I don't ever quite remember seeing a CoffeeOTD thread...

Lu Shan is one of my favorite green teas. Ive had this since last spring but it's still very enjoyable. Brewed in one of my new Shiboridashi's. Made by Chech Republic potter Petr Novak. This guys wares are brilliant.
View attachment 97579

View attachment 97580
Beautiful teaware....I have always had my eye on Shiboridashi but now I found this....

http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/tokoname/gyokkosansui.html

and I am waiting for the pot to arrive...it shouldn't take more than 4-5 days.. :)

Petr Novak's stuff does look great!~

His site:
http://artkeramika.cz/keramikstudio/?lang=en&page=wood

Yes, all of his wares are very nice. All made from traditional clays and glazes with no synthetic materials. Wood fired kilns are used, which is what causes the almost metalic like sheen in the finished piece. Prices are very reasonable, but what gets you is the shipping, not sure why but shipping rates from the Chech Republic seem to be about twice the amount as the rest of the world.

My first taste of 2010 tea. Chinese green. I'm in love again. Drank tea, shaved, went to work - I could still taste and smell the tea after a good few hours in the office, it won over cheap alcoholic aftershave and samosas. Subtle but strong.

Akin to long jing.

I was planning a Japanese green tea order soon but I think I'll avoid the shincha train this time and enjoy the Chinese greens for a while. I was desperate for shincha until I drank this, now I'm happy to wait a few months until the internet decides what the best sencha's are.

twiggy bancha on my new tea table i rigged up today.

im sure i used too much leaf for this session.. something aroudn 6.5 g
proxy.php

first infusion was rough! tasted like my lawn. ended up doing 6 infusions for this session.

pics of 3rd infusion.
proxy.php

huo shaun yellow tea. lovely stuff very light and refreshing.
pics of this one did not come out well.. only good shot i got was of the dry tea.

proxy.php

I think it counts as a green even tho it isn't green at all.

Houjicha Gold from Den's. It is really roasty. I like this better than most of the other green's that I've tried (since it doesn't taste like a newly mown yard).

Ordered 2009 Organic Jasmine Pearls from Steve. This tea compares well to other Jasmine Pearls I have had via EMS/SAL.

The taste was smooth and almost creamy, not harsh or bitter as some of the lower grades jasmines tea have been.

I've been drinking a lot of Jasmine this year. The pollen has been very heavy in the South. Jasmine tea has helped me with the allergies I've had. It's probably a homeopathic reaction and certainly more pleasant than having to take allergy blockers.

Long Ching. I bought it in Beijing. Pretty sure it wasn't legal to bring it back with me. It's 9 out of 10. I'd have to go back and figure out where to buy a 10. There is nothing even close here locally. The best "Chinese" green teas I've tried here are *almost* as good as the cheap bag teas found in Ningbo hotel rooms.

Long Ching. I bought it in Beijing. Pretty sure it wasn't legal to bring it back with me. It's 9 out of 10. I'd have to go back and figure out where to buy a 10. There is nothing even close here locally. The best "Chinese" green teas I've tried here are *almost* as good as the cheap bag teas found in Ningbo hotel rooms.

I can't really fault the Long Jing from Jing Tea Shop. I've got a pack of this years in the tea stash but I've not opened it yet, if the last few years are anything to go by I won't be disappointed. Having said that I do think the later harvests are often better than the first picks of spring but I still can't help myself buying a little of the early pre-ming stuff.

Again not a green tea but close enough, today I had some bai hao from Jing Tea (UK). A gift form a friend. Nice and smooth, gifted tea always tastes that bit better.

Top Bottom