What's new

Got some Gillette Nacets! Which Razor should I use?

Hey guys got myself 100 pack of Nacets. Mostly because I have seen so many positive recommendations of people saying they are almost as sharp as Feathers but smoother and having more longevity. I'm going to give 50 blades to my father who shaves with a "devette" sence he can remember. I really wish he gave me his skin my father literally just splashes some water on his face and hand soap and he's ready to go. As for me I have super sensitive skin with coarse hair and I have to take several precautions before I shave. Also the price of it is so cheap. 12 bucks for 100 is a steal. What do you guys think of these blades? Also which razor should I use with it my Fatip OC or Gillette New SC? I'm going to shave with it for a week on a single blade to test it out.

Attachments

• 20210918_183909.jpg
    20210918_183909.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 16
I am voting for your New SC, since the Fatips can have have alignment issues and Nacets are sharp.
Yes I am leaning twords my New SC. I do not understand why the Fatip company doesn't adress this issue. Gladly my Fatip aligns pretty well but I sometimes do have to wiggle the blade to get it just right. They literally have one of the best designes of a de razor at such a low cost. However these inconsistent batches have left alot of customers unhappy. It's one of the reasons why I don't use my Merkur 34c anymore because aligning it is a nightmare! Thank God my Fatip isnt so bad but I know that many have not been as lucky as me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good deal on the blades, pick your favorite known razor and you should enjoy it a little more possibly with your Nacets. I also bought 100 pcs back 3 years ago and never regretted that purchase.

a month passed by and I still wait for my Nacets... maybe they never come and all of this is just a dream :)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
They are very smooth and don’t have a lot of longevity I would recommend using them in a more aggressive type razor
I agree they are very smooth, but I find them somewhere between a Silver Blue (great longevity) and a Feather (poor longevity). I get about eight shaves from a Nacet. I use them with both medium and mild plates and get smooth, close results. They might be the best "second shave" blade I have tried. I would have bought a hundred, but the enhanced longevity of the Gillette Silver Blue prevailed.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I really like nacet blades I've used them in every razor i have. From a yaqi DOC till the R1and found them very smooth and efficient. I have my birth razor coming which is a gillette tech 1964 ive a good feeling they will really shine with this razor. I tried feathers and found them to harsh even on the second shave nacets IMHO are just a bit less sharp but a lot smoother but as everything else YMMV

Nacet work great in pretty much all of my razors. Unless im using a super mild razor while having a week + of beard isn't what I would recommend doing.

Top Bottom