What's new

Got sliced up by Astra Blade

I got like six weepers from a new Feather this morning - and in a mild razor!

I didn't need to be bleeding when putting on a tie! Needed not just alum, but actually styptic to stop it!

Never got a cut from that razor. All I can add is this Feather had ridiculously heavy wax dots; maybe that made it shave bad. Dunno but I can't afford that bad of a shave! Tossing it.

AA

Same thing happened to me last week with a new Feather in a 6c/R3. I even dropped it down from R6 and stropped it on some denim beforehand like I always do, and it still ripped me all up! Maybe a bad blade, I just tossed it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Same thing happened to me last week with a new Feather in a 6c/R3. I even dropped it down from R6 and stropped it on some denim beforehand like I always do, and it still ripped me all up! Maybe a bad blade, I just tossed it.

I was shavings against the grain, but you can do that with a mild razor ... No use crying after spilt BLOOD, I suppose.

AA

Don’t let the name fool you. Safety razors aren’t all that safe. You need to be careful particularly with loose blades. I’m sure that I’m stating the obvious here.

People seem to have respect for straights but brush off DE’s. They are not all that much safer. Safety razors limit only the extreme end of potential damage. They will however inflict mild and medium cuts just as easily. When the blade is out of the razor all bets are off. You don’t even have a handle to hold the blade with then.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Don’t let the name fool you. Safety razors aren’t all that safe. You need to be careful particularly with loose blades. I’m sure that I’m stating the obvious here.

People seem to have respect for straights but brush off DE’s. They are not all that much safer. Safety razors limit only the extreme end of potential damage. They will however inflict mild and medium cuts just as easily. When the blade is out of the razor all bets are off. You don’t even have a handle to hold the blade with then.

Agree. When we shave like our fathers, we get cut like our fathers!

We're reinventing accidents, too!

AA

Tetanus shot? Wash your face beforehand with soap and hot water & don't dip your razor in the toilet anymore. That way, tetanus won't be a concern - unless your water is from an untested well adjacent to your leach bed.

Top Bottom