What's new

Got sliced up by Astra Blade

Fotolia_88028250_Subscription_Monthly_M-1024x682.jpg

+2! Sorry!! Blades (even old, used blades) deserve respect!! :sob: :sob:
You must be one of those lucky ones who is alert and awake first thing in the morning. I have cut myself changing blades twice (that I can remember), both times very early in the am when I was still 80 percent asleep. My solution: only change blades at night. Brilliant, right? :thumbup1:

If you’re concerned about cutting your fingers with a three piece razor, just put a towel over the razor head and grip the outside of the towel when you’re disassembling.

Please just be careful. razor blades are nothing to play with. The parallel to firearms is apt. And back to edge weapons; It doesn't have to be a cut-throat to cut, your, throat.

You must be one of those lucky ones who is alert and awake first thing in the morning. I have cut myself changing blades twice (that I can remember), both times very early in the am when I was still 80 percent asleep. My solution: only change blades at night. Brilliant, right? :thumbup1:

BRILLIANT!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I usually only cut myself when my mind is elsewhere, I get so many cuts that my friends give me boxes of band-aides as gifts. Don't even ask about the burns acquired when cooking. 😂

I cut myself slightly once unwrapping one of those blades with the wax dots, but butterfly vs. 3-piece wouldn't have affected that.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I got like six weepers from a new Feather this morning - and in a mild razor!

I didn't need to be bleeding when putting on a tie! Needed not just alum, but actually styptic to stop it!

Never got a cut from that razor. All I can add is this Feather had ridiculously heavy wax dots; maybe that made it shave bad. Dunno but I can't afford that bad of a shave! Tossing it.

AA

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I got like six weepers from a new Feather this morning - and in a mild razor!

I didn't need to be bleeding when putting on a tie! Needed not just alum, but actually styptic to stop it!

Never got a cut from that razor. All I can add is this Feather had ridiculously heavy wax dots; maybe that made it shave bad. Dunno but I can't afford that bad of a shave! Tossing it.

AA
Probably a bad blade, or blade alignment was off? Good idea to toss the blade. It always sucks to get a bad shave, but with six something was off.

Top Bottom