What's new

Got my new scuttle, shaving bowl.....how ever you want to call it. Do you use one?

Its finally ready...my new scuttle or bowl...how ever you want to call it as it"s 3 in 1.....lol....can't wait to try it out. Do you use one? If so post up a pic or 2......
20200412_142541.jpg
20200412_142429.jpg
20200412_142458.jpg
20200412_142648.jpg

I previously used a Georgetown Pottery scuttle, and it did work well. It definitely helps keep a lather warm. After using mine for a while, however, I stopped taking the time to keep lather warm. Now I just use a shaving mug from Doug Smith Pottery on Etsy, and it has been working great so far.

I came close to getting a scuttle but decided against it. I suspect that after a while I would stop taking the time to use it as intended.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have a nice scuttle but mostly use my Captain's Choice Copper Bowl and Timeless Bowl. When face lathering, I use a medium Bamboo Bowl for soaking the brush and then "dipping the tips".

Hi,

No, I don't use one. Never had one. Been shaving since 1977 and haven't wanted one. I began face lathering, and still do.

Nice looking one. My first thought was to make an apple dessert in it. :)

Stan

Been using a scuttle almost since I started traditional shaving 7 or 8 years ago. Warm lather if I use hot water in it. Cool lather if I use cold water in it.

Ive got a couple vintage ones. I like that they keep the lather warm, although both of mine have holes in the top that are supposed to let steam out and you always get a bit of lather that drips down into the water reservoir.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a Georgetown G12 and use it for all my 3 pass shaves. Some days I'm feeling lazy and do a two pass shave and usually face lather for those.

Top Bottom