What's new

Got My FREE Fusion Pro Glide Today ...

I signed up for one of the FREE Fusion Pro Glides (you don't honestly think I'd PAY for one?!) and it arrived in yesterday's mail.

I doubt that I will ever use it. I figured if I could keep just one of these dastardly things off the street, then it was worth the effort to order the free sample. :laugh:

I will leave it sealed in the package, and perhaps my future heirs can put it on ebay in 50 years as NOS for a gadzillion dollars.

One comment, however, ... upon close examination of this beast, I cannot believe how much plastic is in this thing! This has got to be a tree-hugger's nightmare!

-------------

If you are considering shaving with it you may have the wrong idea.

You should use it to get in good with the ladies. Just keep it in your pocket. Then when you meet someone you are interested in just flip it on to vibrate.

Then with your tongue lick your eyebrow.

If those two tricks don't make her melt then you must be doing something wrong.

I got mine yesterday. I didn't bother keeping it in the package, since I am of the mindset that (other than pure art) "things" should be used, not saved for a special occasion. So, I opened it and dropped the battery in.

There is a LOT of plastic on this thing. Even with the battery (AAA) in it, the razor is very light, weighing at 39 grams/1.4 ounces *with the battery* . Off hand, it's close to my Feather Popular in weight. Nowhere near the weight of a Progress.

Lots of rubber all the way around, so it's nice and grippy along the shaft. The vibration is pretty strong, at least with a fresh battery. Just a few seconds and my fingers were tingly and numb feeling.

The head pivots similarly to my Mach 3 Turbo, so that it can become perpendicular to the direction of the handle. The "trimmer" blade is adequately protected by a metal shield so as to prevent easy unintended cutting. The 5 front blades are more closely spaced than those on my Mach 3.

I plan on testing it out today, to see how it directly compares with my Feather/Feather combination that I usually use. I may even enlist the help of SWMBO as a judge. The question is, do I go powered or un-powered?

Thoughts?

ETA: I weighed my Feather Popular in at 34 grams, so it's ever-so-slightly lighter than the Fusion.

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday. I didn't bother keeping it in the package, since I am of the mindset that (other than pure art) "things" should be used, not saved for a special occasion. So, I opened it and dropped the battery in.

There is a LOT of plastic on this thing. Even with the battery (AAA) in it, the razor is very light, weighing at 39 grams/1.4 ounces *with the battery* . Off hand, it's close to my Feather Popular in weight. Nowhere near the weight of a Progress.

Lots of rubber all the way around, so it's nice and grippy along the shaft. The vibration is pretty strong, at least with a fresh battery. Just a few seconds and my fingers were tingly and numb feeling.

The head pivots similarly to my Mach 3 Turbo, so that it can become perpendicular to the direction of the handle. The "trimmer" blade is adequately protected by a metal shield so as to prevent easy unintended cutting. The 5 front blades are more closely spaced than those on my Mach 3.

I plan on testing it out today, to see how it directly compares with my Feather/Feather combination that I usually use. I may even enlist the help of SWMBO as a judge. The question is, do I go powered or un-powered?

Thoughts?

Just had a flashback to my childhood - the old miners who congregated around the local shop called that 'white finger'. :001_smile

Thoughts?

Leave the battery in for weight, but don't turn on the power. It doesn't do a damned thing.

I received my free razor in the mail last Friday and gave it a quick look over. Man is thing made super cheap! I wasn't going to waste a good shave using it, so I took the battery and put it in my spare battery box and gave my wife the razor. She will use it for a week or so and then toss it.

Got my free one yesterday and gave it a whirl with some Trumpers Almond cream. It did in one pass what I can do in two with a DE. In the end I still had to do the same number of passes and touch up that I do with a DE. And, I wasn't sure how my neck would react to it so I didn't get to close there. I also had trouble getting under my nose.

I didn't understand the point of it being powered. It shaved the same with or without it on, yet the vibration really bothered my hand and I couldn't make it through a whole shave with it on.

In the end it was very boring, and it makes me really glad I am a DE user. The only way I could ever see myself using this is those rare times I have to shave at the gym....but that's why I keep a Feather Portable in my locker.

I got mine Friday, and used it Saturday on about 36 hours of growth.

I did my usual 3 pass shave, lathering up with AoS Lavender shave soap.
I tried the 1st pass with the battery on, just to see what it was like.
I'd never used a "Power" version of any of the Gillette cartridge razors.
The vibrating pass was IMHO not any better than a non vibrating pass, just annoying. Plus I couldn't hear the whiskers being cut. Just a stupid marketing gimmick.

I shut it off and continued without it.

After 3 passes, I had a very close comfortable shave.
I was kind of surpised how good it was.
The alum didn't burn, the Speick aftershave lotion went on without discomfort, and my face felt great. It was as close as I could do with my DE86 and a Feather.
It is very cheezy looking, feels very "plasticy" and light, but it cut very well, didn't grab or tug, and there was no irritation. ON THE 1st SHAVE....

I thouroughly rinsed and dried it, and put it away.

Sinced it worked so well on Saturday, I decided to use it again on Monday morning, also on about 36 hours of growth.
Same prep, same soap, same brush, same razor and blade. Same 3 pass shave.

There was a noticable drop off in smoothness. Tugging, grabbing, and more stubble after 3 passes than the 1st shave. The alum stung like a **** on my neck, and the Speick sizzled my neck too. I had little red irritation bumps on my neck, that weren't there after the 1st shave. I never get these anymore using a DE and a Feather for 3 shaves.

NOW I remember why I went looking for something better. $4 for a cartridge that yields less good shaves than a .30 cent Feather.

I was a regular Fusion user before DE, and switched away because of this same problem.Tired of paying big bucks for cartridges to get crappy shaves.

I have no intention of switching back to this new version.

I was curious and wanted to try one, but not so curious as to actually buy it. So this was a great opportunity to see what the hype is all about, plus I have never tried a 'powered' razor before. I sent off for it and received it on Friday. I have used it for the last 4 days and it must say it shaves very well. I really didn't want to like it, but to be fair it really worked good, at least for me.

Now with that being said, I doubt I buy replacement carts for it (maybe one pack to keep in the old dopp kit). I still enjoy my DE's, and still dislike the cost and all the plastic waste involved in modern cart razors. Plus I have too much invested in DE blades and RAD at this point anyway.

I got the blades and must say I like it more than the Fusion which I had used in the past.

I'm not the thriftiest guy, but nonetheless I have an issue that I can usually only get 5-6 shaves out these type blades before they get irritating. I have friends that use the Fusion and claim they use it for a month which I find incredible.

I'll use it on occasion, but the Merkur 38c with Astras is my go to now.

Ok, I tried it. I tried it with P.160 and Proraso pre-shave cream, and about 3 days' growth. I wanted to have some sort of success.

But I didn't. I didn't even get one pass before I tossed it into the trash.

On the first stroke, it was yanking my beard with all the fervor of a toddler on Santa's lap. It made my eyes water. I was unusually careful to use short strokes and absolutely no more pressure than needed to keep the head in contact with my skin. I made sure that I wasn't pivoting the handle too far vertical. I tried a second stroke in a different place and got the same result.:thumbdown

I rinsed the razor off after these two strokes and, while I didn't see blood, I am almost certain that I saw the root of several whiskers. Into the trash it went.:sneaky2:

I finished off with my Feather Popular, starting on the other side of my face, which had the same amount of growth. Snicker snack! Snicker snack! The DE went through everything on one pass as I have become accustomed to. All without the slightest tug or pull.

After this experience, I think that I might have to drop-kick my Mach 3 handle, too. I should see if that pulls.

On the first stroke, it was yanking my beard with all the fervor of a toddler on Santa's lap. It made my eyes water. I was unusually careful to use short strokes and absolutely no more pressure than needed to keep the head in contact with my skin. I made sure that I wasn't pivoting the handle too far vertical. I tried a second stroke in a different place and got the same result.:thumbdown

This is the main thing I noticed when I retried a cartridge after using de razors for a while. The shave itself was reasonable, but so much pulling. :angry:

I got my pro glide in the main yesterday and gave it to my brother to try. He is currently using the mach 3.

Mine arrived yesterday. My wife found it in the mailbox and laughed all the way to her work. She told me she thought, boy, they didn't know who they were sending this too! OK, I'm not a total cartridge basher. I still have my Gillette Sensor from High School and I keep on hand for emergencies. BUT, I've tried the Mach and the Fusion and I still find DE the best way to go. I can't decide whether to try this thing or hide it in a box and Eba it 25 years from now as a Vintage NOS Classic Gillette Razor like you used in High School!

got my freebie today! gonna grow out my whiskers a few days, i shaved today, so i'll try her out on friday morning, looks interesting, we shall see!:001_smile

I got mine Friday, and used it Saturday on about 36 hours of growth.

I did my usual 3 pass shave, lathering up with AoS Lavender shave soap.
I tried the 1st pass with the battery on, just to see what it was like.
I'd never used a "Power" version of any of the Gillette cartridge razors.
The vibrating pass was IMHO not any better than a non vibrating pass, just annoying. Plus I couldn't hear the whiskers being cut. Just a stupid marketing gimmick.

I shut it off and continued without it.

After 3 passes, I had a very close comfortable shave.
I was kind of surpised how good it was.
The alum didn't burn, the Speick aftershave lotion went on without discomfort, and my face felt great. It was as close as I could do with my DE86 and a Feather.
It is very cheezy looking, feels very "plasticy" and light, but it cut very well, didn't grab or tug, and there was no irritation. ON THE 1st SHAVE....

I thouroughly rinsed and dried it, and put it away.

Sinced it worked so well on Saturday, I decided to use it again on Monday morning, also on about 36 hours of growth.
Same prep, same soap, same brush, same razor and blade. Same 3 pass shave.

There was a noticable drop off in smoothness. Tugging, grabbing, and more stubble after 3 passes than the 1st shave. The alum stung like a **** on my neck, and the Speick sizzled my neck too. I had little red irritation bumps on my neck, that weren't there after the 1st shave. I never get these anymore using a DE and a Feather for 3 shaves.

NOW I remember why I went looking for something better. $4 for a cartridge that yields less good shaves than a .30 cent Feather.

I was a regular Fusion user before DE, and switched away because of this same problem.Tired of paying big bucks for cartridges to get crappy shaves.

I have no intention of switching back to this new version.

+1
i got ingrowns and razor bumps from that stupid fusion i used to have. i gave it to my cousin so she could use it to shave her legs. its all marketing hype from gillette.

Top Bottom