What's new

Got my first Tabac soap today

That is not a problem if they have money and are good cooks at my age....

I've always told my my lovely bride that I'll be checking out the ladies at her funeral if she goes first!

She always tells me that it's a slim chance she goes first.... I hate that she's right so often!
That is totally true. It is a fact of life that women do outlive men.

My friend, with your line of cr*p you can take my place if I do end up going first! She'll be loaded. But she's a teetotaler!
Hey man... I'm on your side !!! I dont think your wife will find you replaceablewith anyone else my hansome shaving friend.

Besides I may have too many shaving creams and soaps to find me desirable.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I always smile when I see posts about Tabac.. I used their cologne when I was in HS... because it was "unique".... no one was using it. I had no idea it was designed for senior citizens...

I bought my first puck of Tabac this past November. Not sure why I waited so long. Apparently we have tallow here. I didn’t know about the change, or is it that both are available? I like it. The scent is one of a kind, that’s to be sure. It’s softer than I expected given its legendary status. And the bonus is, if you just buy the puck, it fits perfectly in the PdP soap tin.

Just got my very first Tabac soap from Amazon delivered today. I did not know what the scent would be like. But I know if it is good for the forum members at B&B, then it's got to be good for me too.

Love the scent so far...

View attachment 1434550
Glad you like it. If I was pushed into a corner and told I could only have one soap, it would probably be Tabac. Love its performance and I personally really like the scent.

Glad you like it. If I was pushed into a corner and told I could only have one soap, it would probably be Tabac. Love its performance and I personally really like the scent.
I agree, I could do with exclusive Tabac usage. I have 5-6 each of tallow refill pucks and sticks. I love it that much. I also liked the vegan formula, though, so no issues for me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Just got my very first Tabac soap from Amazon delivered today. I did not know what the scent would be like. But I know if it is good for the forum members at B&B, then it's got to be good for me too.

Love the scent so far...

View attachment 1434550

How did I miss this thread? You get my 💯% approval for getting Tabac my friend! And you even got the original version with Talow! Smooth shaves await those who use Tabac, there is no such soap, that performs better then Tabac. If you look up the word slick in the dictionary, it should say Tabac in it, but it doesn't, but it should, cause its totally true! I am glad that you like the scent as well, better then the scent of urinal cake I'd wager.

Now, unless I am mistaken, this is from a scene in the movie Sister Act II. The lady can move is all I can say, she probably uses Tabac for her regularly scheduled body wash regimen.

I agree, I could do with exclusive Tabac usage. I have 5-6 each of tallow refill pucks and sticks. I love it that much. I also liked the vegan formula, though, so no issues for me.
I'd be content using nothing but Tabac, as well. Then again, the same holds true for TOBS and Captain's Choice.

That said, part of the fun for me in this hobby is the variety of soaps that I get to enjoy. I wouldn't want to be restricted to just any one soap, even if they are the best I've ever tried.

Oddly, I don't feel the same way about razors. I'm completely happy using just a Fatip OC Grande. I have no interest in trying any more razors.

I'd be content using nothing but Tabac, as well. Then again, the same holds true for TOBS and Captain's Choice.

That said, part of the fun for me in this hobby is the variety of soaps that I get to enjoy. I wouldn't want to be restricted to just any one soap, even if they are the best I've ever tried.

Oddly, I don't feel the same way about razors. I'm completely happy using just a Fatip OC Grande. I have no interest in trying any more razors.
Very well said. There are many soaps that I like and variety keeps the excitement going. I occasionally fantasize about going the 3017 route and sticking to one soap at a time but never happened. It's even rare when I use the same soap on back-to-back shaves lol. I have several razors but generally, choose one and use it for a long time before switching to another.

How did I miss this thread? You get my 💯% approval for getting Tabac my friend! And you even got the original version with Talow! Smooth shaves await those who use Tabac, there is no such soap, that performs better then Tabac. If you look up the word slick in the dictionary, it should say Tabac in it, but it doesn't, but it should, cause its totally true! I am glad that you like the scent as well, better then the scent of urinal cake I'd wager.

Now, unless I am mistaken, this is from a scene in the movie Sister Act II. The lady can move is all I can say, she probably uses Tabac for her regularly scheduled body wash regimen.
Thanks much. I have yet to use it because I am on the other scents right now. And youu know well how much I have to go with my soaps and creams.

When I do make use of the Tabac, I will be sure to use the omega boar brush I acquired a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks much. I have yet to use it because I am on the other scents right now. And youu know well how much I have to go with my soaps and creams.

When I do make use of the Tabac, I will be sure to use the omega boar brush I acquired a few weeks ago.
That is a good brush.

I always smile when I see posts about Tabac.. I used their cologne when I was in HS... because it was "unique".... no one was using it. I had no idea it was designed for senior citizens...
For god sake im no senior im 41 i love this scent from my early 30's.
@discomike You got tallow based tabac good for you. Soon will be tallow tabac no more. They change base to vegan. Duck them for that.

Okay, I need assistance! Where can I find pucks of the tallow version! I’ve been away and had no idea that they changed away from tallow. Any suggestions? If you’d rather DM, that’s great too! Thanks

Okay, I need assistance! Where can I find pucks of the tallow version! I’ve been away and had no idea that they changed away from tallow. Any suggestions? If you’d rather DM, that’s great too! Thanks
bullgoose had milk glass jars with lids. amazon had some shave sticks in tallowate.

Top Bottom