What's new

Got my first Arko today

@FarmerTan

The next time your wife considers you a hoarder of shaving soaps and creams.... You can always come back and say to her... "Who? Me? You want to see a real shaving hoarder... You should check out that disco Mike guy. That's a guy who knows how to be a shaving hoarder.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@FarmerTan

The next time your wife considers you a hoarder of shaving soaps and creams.... You can always come back and say to her... "Who? Me? You want to see a real shaving hoarder... You should check out that disco Mike guy. That's a guy who knows how to be a shaving hoarder.
I will DEFINITELY be doing this, or I'm sure I can find another brother to use and/or abuse!

Oh please share!!!

Let's compare to see who is the bigger shaving hoarder!!!!

Crap... Where did my life savings go?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Ok, I will try to take a few pics later. I think I have 7000-8000 blades, 50-? soaps, 100 colognes (and many aftershaves) and 50-60 brushes? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Dunno but if I put it all in one place and my wife saw it, I would have no more funny money for likely a decade.

…… and this is one of my least expensive hobbies! 😳

Oh crap. I thought I had cornered the razor blade part with 700-800 blades. Sounds like you have me beat.

But soaps and creams... Got you beat on that one thanks to samples. I may have 70-80 with a few more in the way. I may have 20-30 colonges. I just have like 5 or so brushes myself.

…… and this is one of my least expensive hobbies! 😳
This right here is what scares me, Lol!!
I've taken a love for shaving. One of the things in life that I most disliked and now I love it. And so far all I've done is spend and like you, it's my least expensive hobby. But I see the shaving stuff as something that is for "self" and something healthy. Most other hobbies are material hobbies that don't have any similarities to shaving. At least my other hobbies don't!

This right here is what scares me, Lol!!
I've taken a love for shaving. One of the things in life that I most disliked and now I love it. And so far all I've done is spend and like you, it's my least expensive hobby. But I see the shaving stuff as something that is for "self" and something healthy. Most other hobbies are material hobbies that don't have any similarities to shaving. At least my other hobbies don't!
I’m not bad. Wine, cigars, guitars, knives, colognes, cars…. Ok, I am. I am not rich but if the bills are paid, retirement is looking good… and the wife is happy.… a dude has to have fun. 👍

PS, when I die, the kids will have one hell of a garage sale. 🤪

So I got my first Arko Shaving Stick today. For less than $3, how can I go wrong ? I only got it because others here on B&B love to advertise so that they can get me to spend money.

It may be a while before I try it because I have so many sample soaps and creams to try out. But now I feel I am part of (another) club, and hope that I like the scent.

What got me into arko you ask ? I am sooooo glad you asked !!!! I saw a video from good ol GeoFatBoy (pretty interesting name by the way). I was impressed with how he lathered up his face by rubbing the stick across his face, and then lathering up using his brush.

I am looking to do the same. Hopefully sometime this month. If you dont know... Yes.... I acquired alot of sample soaps and creams. So I have alot of soaps and creams to go through which will last me for plenty of years to come. And now I am going to get samples from T&H thanks to ANOTHER forum member recommendation.

I think I have an addiction. Please help !

It's normal for everyone to purchase 60 to 80 different shaving soaps and creams in a span of a couple of weeks when becoming a B&B forum member without thinking it's becoming an addiction.

Remember... You are not doing it for yourself. You are doing it to dial in the scents that you love, which your significant other will love.

Right? Right? Come on people.. Agree with me.

I know you are hiding your addiction stories. Come on... Admit it!!!
Not normal at all until you also acquire your matching 60-80 shave brushes, at least a few thousand razor blades and a few dozen razors so you have a decent DE shaving "starter set":)🤣

In all seriousness nowhere more than in acquisition patterns does YMMV apply for this hobby. Each of us approaches the hobby differently based on our personal preferences. One of our well respected members has over 200 soaps, acquired over a few years, driven in part by a search for products compatible with his sensitive skin.

My preferences tend more towards the narrow and deep. I'll try something and if I like it will buy deep on more durable items such as hard soaps or razor blades as those items have long shelf lives and some of them tend to go out of production such as the Williams stacked up on my closet shelf. After starting with Williams (used to be on my supermarket shelf for 99 cents) I added some Van Der Hagen (VDH), a tub of Proraso Red (don't buy deep on croaps given the shorter shelf life versus hard soaps) and recently a 12 stick sampler pack of Arko:) Just received a Mitchell's Wool Fat(MWF) puck and ordered some Razorock "What the puck". Exploring other hard soap brands since Williams is discontinued. Surprisingly my favorites are custom Van Der Williams blends (VDH Deluxe) that I continue to evolve. Note that in my case I'm focused on pure shaving performance with limited interest in scent.

As you spend time perusing B&B you will see that there is a full range from those who only use a single soap to folks who like all kinds of variety. Welcome to B&B/DE shaving and enjoy the ride any way you want.

P.S. Have you tried your Arko stick yet?

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
In my thread, I told you guys, that there was a guy who bought 30 soaps in a week, you never believed me. Well, that was then. Now Disco Mike has 80 soaps.

Let's see. Let me count my soaps... I have a total of 7 soaps.

Yes Disco Mike, you have a problem, an addiction. But your that guy who we all love and don't mind your soap hoarding one bit. Lol

Not normal at all until you also acquire your matching 60-80 shave brushes, at least a few thousand razor blades and a few dozen razors so you have a decent DE shaving "starter set":)🤣

In all seriousness nowhere more than in acquisition patterns does YMMV apply for this hobby. Each of us approaches the hobby differently based on our personal preferences. One of our well respected members has over 200 soaps, acquired over a few years, driven in part by a search for products compatible with his sensitive skin.

My preferences tend more towards the narrow and deep. I'll try something and if I like it will buy deep on more durable items such as hard soaps or razor blades as those items have long shelf lives and some of them tend to go out of production such as the Williams stacked up on my closet shelf. After starting with Williams (used to be on my supermarket shelf for 99 cents) I added some Van Der Hagen (VDH), a tub of Proraso Red (don't buy deep on croaps given the shorter shelf life versus hard soaps) and recently a 12 stick sampler pack of Arko:) Just received a Mitchell's Wool Fat(MWF) puck and ordered some Razorock "What the puck". Exploring other hard soap brands since Williams is discontinued. Surprisingly my favorites are custom Van Der Williams blends (VDH Deluxe) that I continue to evolve. Note that in my case I'm focused on pure shaving performance with limited interest in scent.

As you spend time perusing B&B you will see that there is a full range from those who only use a single soap to folks who like all kinds of variety. Welcome to B&B/DE shaving and enjoy the ride any way you want.

P.S. Have you tried your Arko stick yet?
This would be me, I used only arko for 6 years and Williams for 2 years 🤣

Top Bottom