What's new

Got my dream pen today .

I'm a sucker for Mont Blanc.

Maybe I've bought into the hype, but have loved my MB ball point and rollerballs for over 30 years. One or the other has been in my pocket 5 days a week for most of my professional career.

Shortly after I got into FPs, I happened upon the Mont Blanc boutique in Orange County, CA and took the 146 and 149 for a test drive. Liked them both, but thought the 146 would be something I would use more, due to similarity in size to my other MBs.

I've bought a number of pens ... Pilot, Visconti, Parker, etc. My issue is ink. Some of my pens have converters, but I don't really see myself straying too far from a good black, blue or green ink. I travel a lot, and ink bottles don't travel well.

For this reason, I was jonesing (is that still a term?) for a MB 147 traveler. Well, I received mine today and loaded it with the enclosed black cartridge.

To say I'm impressed with the smoothness and quality of this pen would be an understatement.

I'm sure there are pens of equal or better quality, defined in partly objective and partly subjective terms. However, for me this is the perfect pen. It writes well, travels well and looks good. Looking forward to filling journals with this gem.

the problem with getting a dream pen is,... a new pen will haunt your dreams lol,, believe me.

Congratulations on the MB, love to see a picture of it. Enjoy the heck out of that pen

the problem with getting a dream pen is,... a new pen will haunt your dreams lol,, believe me.

Congratulations on the MB, love to see a picture of it. Enjoy the heck out of that pen

congrats on the new pen!

and like James said...PICS! :lol:

Legion

Staff member

Haha. I got my dream pen.

Since then I have bought a EDC pen, a couple of work pens, a few emergency pens in case the zombies come...

Congrats on the new pen! As others have mentioned, pics would be nice. If you like blues, I'd recommend the Boheme blue if you can get your hands on it. It's quickly become one of my favorite colors and writes incredibly smooth.

Top Bottom