What's new

Got my 59 Fatboy back today

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
HI @Macro, it was original finish when I bought. It need to be tuned up was shaving correctly on one of the sides. I want to say one of the bars was bent a little so it needed to be sent out as I didn't want to try and fix it myself. So for an extra $38 dollars I thought why not..
Wonderful, as expected by Chris at BRG. I had two Fat Handle Techs replated in the original factory Nickel by him.

IMG_20210928_111950.jpg

IMG_20210928_112007.jpg

IMG_20210928_112022.jpg

IMG_20210928_112032.jpg

Beautiful! I just sent Chris my Fatboy and a '36 Aristocrat. The Fatboy will be replated in nickel, and the Aristocrat in gold. They were delivered to him yesterday. I can't wait to get them back. I'm thinking that I should have sent him my New LC as well.

Singing to the choir here, just had 3 Fatboys replated by Chris at Back Roads (two 1959s and a 1960, the '60 he did in Gold) and the are fantastic. Going to shave with one of them and use the other as a mirror. The gold is stunning and my wife has her eye on it. Pleasure to do business with Chris.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I couldn't agree with Dave more! And I just bought a 1959 Gillette Fatboy razor from the BST. Any advice? I've heard that to adjust the blade aggression, one must have the doors in the open position, is this true?

I couldn't agree with Dave more! And I just bought a 1959 Gillette Fatboy razor from the BST. Any advice? I've heard that to adjust the blade aggression, one must have the doors in the open position, is this true?
Matt of Razor Emporium claims that it is not nessary, but it is easier on the mechanism to adjust the aggression before tightening down the doors.
Part of their business is restoring fatboys, so he may know. 🤔

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
No.
But if you want to do it that way it's your machine.

Matt of Razor Emporium claims that it is not nessary, but it is easier on the mechanism to adjust the aggression before tightening down the doors.
Part of their business is restoring fatboys, so he may know. 🤔

Thanks guys! Just trying to get an education on it, so I don't screw it up. I don't want to have to send it in to get fixed if its not necessary. This is just how I am with everything I buy, I like to get educated on a product before using it. And since the razor isn't brand new, its not like I get a manual with it lol. So, I am learning all I can here.

Top Bottom