What's new

Got ebay warning about Proraso Blue Line Balm safety issues.

Got the message below from eBay about safety issues with PRORASO BLUE LINE AFTER SHAVE BALM.

Anyone heard anything about? In a quick Google research I found nothing.

We take product safety very seriously. We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. We recommend that you stop using this product. If you have questions about the item(s), please reach out to the seller or the manufacturer. Item details are listed below.

This item is recalled and is not permitted on eBay due to product safety concerns as shared on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website.

For more information about the recall associated with this product, please see the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) website below:

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)

If you have any problems, you’re covered by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.

For more information, see:
Get help with an item that hasn't arrived - https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

Item details: 324689495256 - Proraso Blue Line After Shave Balm, Protective and Moisturizing, 3.4 oz, 100 ml

I just googled this and found nothing as well. I also did a search on ebay and all of the Proraso items are still being offered, including blue line with no mention of safety issues. I'd be cautious about clicking any of the links you may have been provided in this particular email, maybe contact ebay on something you know is safe and ask them directly, like their contact us option at the bottom of the home page.

Screenshot_20220823-114849_Gmail.jpg

The email is suspicious although the link does appear to have come from eBay and not some web site in Libya.

The thing that makes this suspicious is that cosmetics fall under the jurisdiction of the the Food and Drug Administration and not the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CPSC regulates appliances, toys, hand and power tools, etc. They regulate nearly everything not specifically assigned to other agencies. The FDA covers foods, drugs, and cosmetics. Most electronics are regulated by the FCC. The US Treasury regulates alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. There are many other such assignments.

Top Bottom