What's new

Got called a racist today by a Telemarketer

Today a telemarketer called and asked if I wanted to do any home repairs around the house. I facetiously told him that I wouldn't until Obama fixed the economy (I'm a libertarian). He then replied, "Well, you can be a racist if you like."

After a discussion about how I disagreed with Keynesian economics and how history has proven they don't work, and that I believe taxation is theft, he had the audacity to again ask what I wanted repaired in the home!

I don't understand how people don't see the current political climate as fascist in nature. I don't believe in someone's policies, so I'm a racist? Give me a break.

And luckily it is not catching. Some people have years of experience of stupidity.

I have been accused of being a racist - and I'm married to a Samoan. White+Brown: I don't see any racism there!

Mind you, a work mate is convinced I'm samoan. He's clearly not noticed I'm the wrong colour:biggrin:

Let me get this out of the way right now: B&B is not a place for race baiting nor for race hating. We all know that liking or disliking President Obama's policies or his views has nothing to do with race. I won't tolerate any discussion here getting out of hand. Everyone has fair warning.

If you got into a "serious" discussion w/a telemarketer then I'm sorry, you brought this on yourself. :001_rolle I mean, come on. Odds are strong the guy you were talking to wasn't that smart to begin with, and that he was only staying on the phone w/you in the hope that if he let you talk, maybe you'd buy something. Can you honestly say that "he had the audacity to ask" if you wanted anything repaired in your home after you had had this long discussion? Dude, it's his JOB to ask! Just like it's your job to hang up right after he introduces himself. :biggrin:

yeah, sounds like a little too much info to give to a telemarketer! A quick hang up is the best way to go :thumbup1:

Regardless of what you think of the new president, disliking his policies or the issues he inherited should not make you racist by default; and a telemarketer shouldn't be the one judging YOU for it either! :mad2::sod:

I just like to goad them into giving me a big speech about their services, then I put the phone down and walk away.

V

VR6ofpain

Was this your conversation?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkE1Nbk-wuI[/youtube]

V

VR6ofpain

I like where she mentions her "girlfriend who was gang raped" referring to a friend who received too many telemarketing phone calls. Totally ridiculous. Then she calls him a racist!

Personally I'm more confused about taxes = theft... do you use roads?

edit: I won't fight about this because it's just stupid but personally I like taxes because without them I wouldn't have the highways I need to get from my house to Buffalo where my state Uni with a tuition discount thanks to taxes is.

Last edited:
Personally I'm more confused about taxes = theft... do you use roads?

edit: I won't fight about this because it's just stupid but personally I like taxes because without them I wouldn't have the highways I need to get from my house to Buffalo where my state Uni with a tuition discount thanks to taxes is.

I'm not exactly opposed to indirect taxes like sales tax, sin-tax, tolls, etc. However, in a perfect world roads would be maintained by private corporations. That way when they don't get maintained, you can hold someone accountable. Try suing the government because you are paying taxes for roads but it is filled with pot-holls.

But think about income tax. Not only is it theft but it is theft at gunpoint. If you don't pay your income tax, fines begin to get added up. If you don't pay your fines, you can get arrested. Resist arrest, and guns and force are used. When you boil it down, income tax is simply armed robbery.

And there are many other direct taxes which are completely unjust. Death tax, estate tax, the fact that I can't give someone a gift of MY money over a certain amount without them being taxed on money that was already taxed.

Direct taxes are stealing and there is no way around it. Should people be able to vote to take more of your money away for them to use? It goes against the American value of freedom.

A few years ago a local radio station had a comedian on that specialized in dealing with telemarketers. He had a bit when a company called about cleaning carpets. It went something like this.

Telemarketer: Hello sir I am from the Smith carpet cleaning company and would like to extend the offer to clean a room in your home for free.

Comedian: God am I glad you called ( Panicky voice) Can you get blood out of the carpet? We are taliking lots of blood every where

Telemarketer: (Haltingly) Well yes I suppose if it hasn't been there long

Comedian: This is my lucky day, the bloods fresh and it's everywhere. Do you do curtains? How soon can you get here?

Telemarketer: (Panic in voice) Sir I think I need to get my supervisor, can you hold the line?

About 10 minutes later the police showed up at the comedians home. I don't condone wasting the police departments time,but the bit was funny.

You want to mess over a telemarketer, tell him "Just a moment", put the phone down and walk away. Every minute they spend on the telephone without making a sale is money out of their pocket. Me, I feel sorry for the poor wretches...no one takes a crap job like that unless they are truly desperate, So I just hang up on them immediately so they can go on trying to hustle the rent and groceries, and I can get on with my life.

Register @ donotcall.gov and this will eliminate most if not all "junk" calls. I try not to give the callers a verbal "hotfoot", it is a bad job and during these times many do not have much of a choice in employment.

Richard

We are registered but there are some companies that "hide" their phone numbers on our caller ID or manually put up a different one, when we ask who they are with, they hang up.

I'm not exactly opposed to indirect taxes like sales tax, sin-tax, tolls, etc. However, in a perfect world roads would be maintained by private corporations. That way when they don't get maintained, you can hold someone accountable. Try suing the government because you are paying taxes for roads but it is filled with pot-holls.

If it were a perfect world, why would they not be maintained?

Failing that, how do you hold them accountable when they declare bankruptcy? Good luck suing them then.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly opposed to indirect taxes like sales tax, sin-tax, tolls, etc. However, in a perfect world (... etc. ...)

Amen, mostly.

Some things (like the military, criminal court system) provide services that can't be taxed on a pay-as-you-go basis. Part of the justification needs to consider the use taxes are put to.

Top Bottom