What's new

Got Bored Polished My Karve

Just as the title says. Never really liked the blasted finish on my Karve CB. Started with a couple rotary tools and several polishing compounds. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Also needed to share it with someone other than my wife. She was not nearly excited as me.

Can't seem to get all the compound out of the grooves on the handle. Need to find a soft brush.

IMG_7496.jpgIMG_7497.jpgIMG_7498.jpg

😍Nice work! I am interested in polishing my razors too recently and found satin finish razors are extremely difficult to polish because the original finish has to be removed completely first.

I decided to polish my ATT slant yesterday by myself because the machine marks on the brushed top cap and base plate are with different directions on the side surface, which looks really strange to me.

It costed me the whole afternoon, but the results are really good, even shinier than my polished version windsor.🥵

I used #1000 sandpaper to remove the machine markings on the base plate first (not necessary if you don't need a perfect flat mirror finish). Then rotary tool and diamond paste (#3000 #6000 #10000 #60000). Finished by hand polish using a polishing cloth and #100000 diamond paste.

*The S1 base plate has a defect so I could use it for experiments before the replacement arrives.:smile1:

20220914135212.jpg

20220914135159.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Just as the title says. Never really liked the blasted finish on my Karve CB. Started with a couple rotary tools and several polishing compounds. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Also needed to share it with someone other than my wife. She was not nearly excited as me.

Can't seem to get all the compound out of the grooves on the handle. Need to find a soft brush.

View attachment 1521658View attachment 1521659View attachment 1521660
I've never been terribly fond of the way the Karves look.... but you did an amazing job and actually, in my opinion, created a work of art.... so nice. Congrats.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
😍Nice work! I am interested in polishing my razors too recently and found satin finish razors are extremely difficult to polish because the original finish has to be removed completely first.

I decided to polish my ATT slant yesterday by myself because the machine marks on the brushed top cap and base plate are with different directions on the side surface, which looks really strange to me.

It costed me the whole afternoon, but the results are really good, even shinier than my polished version windsor.🥵

I used #1000 sandpaper to remove the machine markings on the base plate first (not necessary if you don't need a perfect flat mirror finish). Then rotary tool and diamond paste (#3000 #6000 #10000 #60000). Finished by hand polish using a polishing cloth and #100000 diamond paste.

*The S1 base plate has a defect so I could use it for experiments before the replacement arrives.:smile1:

View attachment 1522163

View attachment 1522165
Nicely done.

View attachment 1521658View attachment 1521659View attachment 1521660
Superb job….looks fantastic.

Top Bottom