What's new

Got any other AD?

Good Lord.

DVDs/BDs: Over 600
CDs: About 500
Vinyl: About 400
Books: A bunch
^^ And I don't even consider those "collections." What's a house without music, books and movies?

Watches (mostly automatics): 15
Shoes: 15 pairs (a lot considering I had maybe 4 pairs about 2 years ago)
Old lighters (mostly Ronson Varaflames): over 20
Old vacuum coffee brewers: only 6 (space issue in kitchen)
Percussion instruments (congas, djembe, timbales, etc.): over 10

And the scary thing is, I'm kind of in a lull right now, so am due for a new thing...

I did the car part thing for years, but it was mostly fueled by the same car. I'd buy, sell and buy and sell. It's winding down now and I'm glad to have most of the parts gone. It seems whatever I am most interested in at the moment is when I develop AD. Last year it was aquariums and parts. This spring it was pond equipment. Over the summer it's been another tractor and tractor parts. One thing I always try to acquire are guns. My wife and I collect shot glasses. Every time we visit a new city we buy a shot glass from there.

Japanese Kitchen knives for me.
Finally got all the nice ones I wanted so from now on it's gonna be a lot less of a knife purchasing going on for me.

Watches. Guns (aaand holsters to go with). Knives. Pens (mostly vintage Fountain pens, but a vintage and some 25 yr. old Jotters and a few Space Pens). Nat Nast shirts (my most recent besides shaving gear). And in the past is was guitars and vintage amplifies.

Some day, I hope I'll come down with MAD (money acquisition disorder). Might make all the other AD's go away (or more affordable anyway!).

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Thankfully no. Traditional wetshaving and all that it entails covered quite enough AD ground for me over the last close to 3 years. I have pretty much eliminated all but what I use daily now though...several hundred items were tried before I came to this simplicity however. I discovered quite a bit about myself during the journey.

full

If only they were the real thing...but these are cheaper. Good on gas, too :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
AD???
Where do I start?
Motorcycles, RC Planes, Flashlights (LED mostly), tube stereo gear, hiking/backpacking gear, solar watches, fountain pens, and the latest: sharp toys and dead animal hair brushes!
Ain't life grand? (Still on original wife. Can't afford to upgrade.)
Scooterman

Top Bottom