What's new

Got any other AD?

Mine is Bulova Accutron watches. These are electric watches mostly from the 60s that use a tuning fork rather than a quartz movement. A self-limiting AD because these things are expensive to fix and they always need to be fixed. Anyone got an AD other than RAD, SCAD, SSAD, etc?

Three years ago it was portable stereo equipment. Two years ago, DVDs. Last year, soldering stations. This year, all things shaving. Looking forward to 2010.

Beer, from around the world. Ive got 500+ bottles, all different

attachment.php

I went through a small hat AD last year, but it turns out that the fedora style hats I bought aren't really for me. I now see fountain pen ad coming on. I just got my first one last week (a Waterman Phileas). But it looked to nice to take to work so I ordered a Lamy Al-Star.

I call mine MAD, Music Acquisition Disorder. No matter how many bands I listen to I can never have enough. I find the thrill of discovering new music exhilarating.

Books.

I like the Folio Society books, among others.

Unfortunately all are still packed in boxes after last move awaiting grandiose project of book shelves that will almost completely line the walls of one fairly large room.

Books.

I like the Folio Society books, among others.

Unfortunately all are still packed in boxes after last move awaiting grandiose project of book shelves that will almost completely line the walls of one fairly large room.

Very good! Can't have too many books! (Folio Society are nice, aren't they?) I don't count books as my other AD as I try to sell 'em....

Latest is inexpensive automatic watches (with a couple of eco-drives and a Chinese mechanical thrown in)... damn. Shaving soap is cheaper!

PAD and TAD, pipe and tobacco respectively. Particularly tobacco, my favorites are from the lakeland blending houses I just cant seem to get enough:biggrin:

guitars and motorcycles. at least i build/restore the bikes (ie make money back and then some). the guitars thing. well, i have 9 now, and have had 23 over the last 7 years. not counting stand up basses. (7)(at least with those they take up too much space to keep around too long)

I suffer from CAD (Clutter Acquisition Disorder), which is the major side affect of all Acquisition Disorders. While CAD is manageable it can't be cured because Acquisition Disorders morph from one type to another.

I call mine MAD, Music Acquisition Disorder. No matter how many bands I listen to I can never have enough. I find the thrill of discovering new music exhilarating.

I can respect that! Some many diverse styles of music that you can never get enough. Although if you do manage to fill a terrabyte external hard drive with nothing but music, you might have a small problem.

My other AD is flashlights. It didn't start out as an AD but one day I woke with about 20 Mags in various configurations, add in a couple vintage Ray O Vacs, Eveready's and Fultons and you have a nice little start.

Beer, from around the world. Ive got 500+ bottles, all different

attachment.php

Did you empty them all by yourself?????

Watches, ouch that is a tough one. I could ring the neck of the fellow who got me started on watches.....One thing is for sure though. I am never late......:biggrin:

Did you empty them all by yourself?????

Yes and no, mate. Ive drunk from each of the bottles, and most all by myself (but the bigger bottles and minikegs I had some help with)

Ive a 3L bottle of Chimay 2004 that ill have at the end of this year to celebrate my graduation, too :biggrin: (At 9%, i'll need a friend or two to help me with that bad boy)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Forgot a former AD, Classic Wilson Staff Golf Club Aquisition Disorder (CWSGCAD). 42 razors take up much less real estate than 42 sets of old Staffs .., .

Top Bottom