What's new

Got an AMZ gift card for Xmas

With a small balance I had on a previous gift card, and now another from a co-worker, I have a few (very few) bucks in my Amazon kitty. Of course the first thing I thought of was, "shave stuff." But --

-- I've got plenty of "stuff" already! Blades, of course, I can always stock up on, but I have more soaps and creams than I need, in fact I'm trying to use some of them up so I can simplify my setup. I have 10 razors already, too. And 3 brushes, but I only use the synthetic 90% of the time now. Perhaps a razor/brush stand that will hold the wide faux-marble handle of the AP Shave Co. synthetic? The stand I bought from Lee's Razors lo, these many moons ago, nice as it is, will only hold the EJ badger. Aftershaves?

Ideas? (I know, I'm asking for trouble.)

You are definitely asking for trouble! :lol1: I'll be honest, I haven't bought anything other than blades in like 5 years, and SWMBO actually made me get rid of some aftershave bottles that I haven't touched in a couple of years. I kept the Bay Rum, Alt-Innsbruck (one of my faves), 4711 (which is actually her favorite), and the Lilac Vegetal (another of my favorites).

You might want to get a stand that will fit your brush, for sure. But you also might be interested in looking at some pens. May I suggest the Kaweco Sport AL, any of the Retro 51 line, or, if you want a pen that will never run out of ink, the Fisher Infinium.

If you get a fountain pen, that will almost certainly lead you down the rabbit hole of inks, nibs, and even different papers or notebooks.

With a small balance I had on a previous gift card, and now another from a co-worker, I have a few (very few) bucks in my Amazon kitty. Of course the first thing I thought of was, "shave stuff." But --

-- I've got plenty of "stuff" already! Blades, of course, I can always stock up on, but I have more soaps and creams than I need, in fact I'm trying to use some of them up so I can simplify my setup. I have 10 razors already, too. And 3 brushes, but I only use the synthetic 90% of the time now. Perhaps a razor/brush stand that will hold the wide faux-marble handle of the AP Shave Co. synthetic? The stand I bought from Lee's Razors lo, these many moons ago, nice as it is, will only hold the EJ badger. Aftershaves?

Ideas? (I know, I'm asking for trouble.)
Only one synthetic? Sounds like you need another. Have you tried a long handle brush like the RazoRock 400. It’s a Rubberset knockoff and my hands love it.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Whenever I get an Amazon gift card I immediately spend it on books, often using the gift card to lower the price on an expensive book to a more tolerable level.

If I had my mind set on a shaving item I'd look at after shaves/colognes, I suppose. Using the same reasoning (or rationalization) as I use with books I'd see how much my gift card might whack off the price of some Acqua di Parma Colonia, for example. Always wanted to try that one.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+1, aftershaves &/or colognes are the least likely to suffer the dreaded Amazon lag .. or to be more precise, less affected by old stock blues

I was almost out of my aftershave, Clubman Special Reserve -- can't find it in stores here, only the original -- so I tossed a 6 oz. bottle, and a stick of Arko soap on impulse, into the cart. Should be here next week.

Great move! Two classic items that you will definitely use!! :clap: :clap:

Great move! Two classic items that you will definitely use!! :clap: :clap:
I know about the Clubman, as I've used it now for several years. The Arko, well, we'll see. (I liked the scent of Tabac, another polarizing product, so I have hopes I'll like Arko.)

Top Bottom