What's new

Got a new favorite lavender - what's yours?

Probably the long since discontinued Patou pour Homme Prive. If looking at stuff currently in production, then Classical by Anat Fritz, which is a highly aromatic lavender and sharp natural cedar perfume over a dry sandalwood base. Spectacular minimalist stuff.

Love me some Lavender. Of the handful I've tried, LA Shaving Woody Lavender is right on par with Dr Jon's Flowers in the Attic. For pure Lavender, Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender and Castle & Forbes.

I think that the best clean lavender fragrance I've ever had was an aftershave from Caldey Island in Wales. It isn't expensive, but it was hard to get for a while. I think that the EU made it difficult to ship worldwide. Now it seems to be up on their site again, but I don't know what the current version is like.

I think that the best clean lavender fragrance I've ever had was an aftershave from Caldey Island in Wales. It isn't expensive, but it was hard to get for a while. I think that the EU made it difficult to ship worldwide. Now it seems to be up on their site again, but I don't know what the current version is like.
Any idea what it was called?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Caldey was wonderful stuff. I am told it has been reformulated, but I haven't tried any in a few years now. TOBS Lavender water is lovely while it lasts. Bourbon French Parfums out of New Orleans has an excellent lavender: pure and fleeting and green and herbal and floral and all that it should be.

panna crema lavandotto muehle gillette black beauty penhaligon endymion october 8 2020.jpg

Has anyone tried the latest iteration of Agua Lavanda Puig? Is it the same as it always was? One of Frank Sinatras favorites, but you can practically buy it by the jug lol Is it just a lightly scented splash or does it have staying power?

I remember trying it and liking it, but it had no staying power at all. You put it on after a shower and it's gone by the time you get to work. Is there a version I'm missing?

Most of the lavender scents I have tried are either too pungent or two camphorous. I recently tried Grooming Dept Kairos Lavender shaving soap. Unfortunately, there is no matching aftershave; may be there will be one day. The scent is 98% lavender. The two lavender oils Mohammad blended are wonderfully sweet and fragrant.

Has anyone tried the latest iteration of Agua Lavanda Puig? Is it the same as it always was? One of Frank Sinatras favorites, but you can practically buy it by the jug lol Is it just a lightly scented splash or does it have staying power?

I remember trying it and liking it, but it had no staying power at all. You put it on after a shower and it's gone by the time you get to work. Is there a version I'm missing?
I have not had the chance to try Lavanda yet, but the Agua Brava I bought is quite light and fleeting, though I love the scent. I use it as a post-shower spray.

I have not had the chance to try Lavanda yet, but the Agua Brava I bought is quite light and fleeting, though I love the scent. I use it as a post-shower spray.

Yes, that's how the Lavanda is, mainly an after shower splash. I was just wondering if there might be a version that may have more staying power? It's a nice, clean, if not contemporary lavender. Nothing complex about it, just pleasant and very unlikely to offend anyone. Very work safe if in close proximity to folks

The plastic jugs of Puig are a watered-down version, meant to essentially be an after-shower body splash. Very fleeting. The glass bottle version - not really distributed stateside - has better longevity and a mossy drydown that's really nice. I love it. It's still only going to give you a couple of hours, really, and I get good longevity from most things. I sometimes find it on the auction site from overseas, but it's expensive when it's even available. I splash it on liberally and usually reapply later in the day. When I lived in TX, I would often shower late afternoon in the summer, then put this stuff on before going out with my wife or friends. Just a nice casual scent.

Top Bottom