What's new

Got a Merkur 1904 today

I shaved with it last night for the first time. Here's what I noticed: it's quite heavy for a short handled razor, which I like. Also the head is adjustable. The looser it is screwed on the more the angle of the blade changes an the bigger the gap between the blade and the comb.

I think normally folks with thicker beards like them because they're more able to hack through the weeds than a safety bar.
Whenever I let my beard grow out I always use my beautiful Sheraton from Rxonmymind

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Nice...I have the 23C (travel), & 38C (home), and I :001_tt1: both of them! :thumbsup:

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/314463-Alliance-of-Merkur-how-to-join

proxy.php
"Merkur; Solingen quality, Time-tested Tradition with Modern Design". Merkur Ad

Last edited:
Got my Merkur 1904 today and after cleaning it i thought to give it a go. First shave with it wasn't good at all it did leave me with very irritated shave. I've used an aluminium version of Gillette Ball End Tech last six months or so and it gives me much better and comfortable shaves. Somehow it just didn't glide well on my face. Lather was good and all but razors head just didn't want to glide trough my facial hair well. I used a new Astra SP blade what usually have worked well with me but not today. Blade exposure was much bigger in this than in my Tech and it feeled somehow floppy. Maybe my angle wasn't good but i will give it couple more shaves and if it still gives me bad shaves i just might have to sell it.

Top Bottom