What's new

Got a Gillette flare tip and like it. What next?

My favorite and most efficient shaver is the Gillette New Improved. I have never used a NEW SC or Red tip, but I have used a Fatboy on 9 and I can tell you that my Gillette New Improved is not only smoother, but more efficient. Also it's one of the sexiest razors Gillette ever made. :001_smile

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'll pile on the Red Tip bandwagon. It's my Goldilocks razor - not too aggressive, not too mild. Juuuust right! It is very well proportioned. The handle is pleasantly beefy without being unwieldy. There's something about the shiny nickel finish and painted red knob that just looks...right.

I have been using a 53 (40's style) SS and really like it smooth but still efficient, also really neat are the Gillette open combs. If you did like the feel of the super speed you might want to reconsider the Adjustable and I would suggest the slim, very easy and comfortable to use. Best of luck and let us know what you get!

Solid advice in this thread. The Red Tip is heavier; that makes a difference. It is more assertive. The handle is great! And it is affordable. You can find one in user grade all the way up to mint. They were made from 1955 until 60. Working man's Aristocrat.
The Gillette Red Tip is the working man's Gillette Aristocrat. I like that!

Got my Gillette flare tip 66 and used it twice. Love it. It's rugged and tough looking and gave me a shave almost as close as my merkur 37C. This flare tip looks a million times more durable than my merkur.

So what next? A red tip for more aggression? Maybe a Schick krona? I don't think I need an adjustable. Can't be bothered to play around with the settings.
Get a Red Tip.
They’re great shavers.

Top Bottom